What's new

Shield Razors (Titanium,316 SS & Aluminum)

Received my Shield Aluminum GEM Monday and it took exactly 7 days delieverd to my mailbox. All Shield razors come in a plastic presentation box with a secure lid. Not only did I get the razor but included was a resuable blade box. For $38.50 the price and workmanship cannot be matched. The shaves have been outstanding with some blade feel but very smooth. The blade I am using I found in my garage unrapped in a small container. I wrapped it with wax paper until I inserted into the Gem razor. I edge was perfect no damage. And after 3 shaves so far so good.
I am waiting for the collection of brass razors being released next month. I will probably pickup another Gem as the price will probably be $50 or under.

Gem Shield.png

So it's March 30th and was told last week by Shield that the brass would be released in 5 days, which would have been 2 days ago. I do see a brass AC razor now that wasn't there last week but he was specifically referring to the SE model as that's what I bought in 316L but he shipped an AL version by mistake and I don't care for the light weight of aluminum. He told me to forgo me returning the aluminum razor and that I'll get the $58 refund in 21 days so we will see. Is the owner's name really Mike? I have a hard time believing some guy in China is named Mike.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Is the owner's name really Mike? I have a hard time believing some guy in China is named Mike.
It is very common among Chinese and Asians to use European names that sound similar to their Chinese ones to make it easier for people to talk to them. It is more about pronunciation than anything else, no attempt to hide or sinister intention. Bruce Lee was actually Lee Jun-fan for instance.

74 grams and actually because of the tampered handle feels lighter. Perfect balance. The stainless steel version about 62 grams.
Pretty cool. I'm loving my SS GEM Shield polished razor. That has some serious heft to it. Hope he makes more of the polished SE and brass versions soon. He said 5 days they'd be out and that was over a week and a half ago. So any day now I guess.

BTW what is tampered handle? Did you mean thinner (tapered)?

Pretty cool. I'm loving my SS GEM Shield polished razor. That has some serious heft to it. Hope he makes more of the polished SE and brass versions soon. He said 5 days they'd be out and that was over a week and a half ago. So any day now I guess.

I love the heft of the SS Gem razor as well. Very smooth and efficient razor.

I did correct it but I guess it was too late when you read my post. Yes I meant tapered.

Mike said 3 days for the other brass versions SE/GEM to be released. The SE/AC combo version will not be coming in brass, and not sure about the DE version.

Has anyone reviewed the Shield DE heads only ( or full the DE with any of there handles) , either the 1.15 (g) w/ .12 (e) or the milder child .95 (g) 2/ .05 (e). Any metal, Ti, SS, Al or Brass?
I see a little write up on the mixed head.

BFX

Received my brass GEM today. Nice and heavy just the way I like it. It's the matte finish brass like the Kopparkant. Would be interesting to see it polished. Anyone know of a good polish to try doing that besides Brasso?

Shaved with it today and it works as well as the SS one I have.

Here's my review on Shield's Ali Express storefront.

IMG_9304.jpeg

Top Bottom