What's new

Whats in your mug?~ December, 2008

proxy.php

Coffee for when one's depressed, I guess.

Arya Estate first flush Darjeeling.
(ordered from Upton yesterday afternoon,
delivered to my desk this morning. :biggrin:)

[Edit] And French pressed E. Yirgacheffe (to go with my chocolate-covered shortbread -- store-bought, alas, but tasty all the same. :biggrin:)

[Edit2] A couple of Upton green tea samples, neither of which floated my boat -- Thailand Bold Leaf and Formosa Pi Lo Chun. <sigh>

Grinded up some Has Bean "Christmas Espresso Blend 2008"

Had a cup, it's weird, first few sips it tasted a tad funky, but then when i got in the middle of it and it had cooled down it wasn't too bad, I liked it.

Plus I was Damned impressed with delivery, ordered the 1st, came today

Ooh I need to try steve's xmas stuff this year. Depending on what this months free bag is I may order some.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Enjoying a nice cup of Brazilian Jacuzzi Droppings, roasted 11/30/08, courtesy of my mystery benefactor. :thumbup1:

Included with the beans was a dvd. I assumed it was detailed brewing instuctions, but it appears to be an inebriated man wearing a boa at Carnival, accompanied by several young ladies in various stages of undress.

ouch

Good work ouch. I see you got scotto's box :lol:

Yep. And a dandy of a box it was.

If no one told me this was the infamous "bird" coffee, I wouldn't have been able to guess. Really good stuff.

Enjoying a nice cup of Brazilian Jacuzzi Droppings, roasted 11/30/08, courtesy of my mystery benefactor. :thumbup1:

Included with the beans was a dvd. I assumed it was detailed brewing instuctions, but it appears to be an inebriated man wearing a boa at Carnival, accompanied by several young ladies in various stages of undress.

If you are going to have a benefactor, thats the one to have.

Awesome! Thirdeye has some stuff winging its way to him (that's a bird poop reference) as well, so we'll get another opinion.

ouch

Thanks again, Scott. If this isn't your finest effort to date, it's certainly the coolest.

Boring ol' French pressed E. Yirgacheffe.

Followed by yet another green tea sample, Tian Mu Qing Ding.
Adequate.
(That said, the bar for adequate tends to climb a bit with each passing day.)

A hint of vegetal, a nice non-cloying sweetness. Nice enough, but I don't want subtle at work.

ouch

My second go at the Brazilian Jacu. Yesterday was a pour over filter holder, and today was Aeropress time. Much, much better! Ultra smooth and sweet, this is one of the most enjoyable coffees I've had in a very long time.

Tomorrow? French press time.

My second go at the Brazilian Jacu. Yesterday was a pour over filter holder, and today was Aeropress time. Much, much better! Ultra smooth and sweet, this is one of the most enjoyable coffees I've had in a very long time.

Tomorrow? French press time.

I got very strong maple syrup notes in that coffee. I may have to pick up some more despite the price, even though I am on a self-imposed green coffee buying hiatus.

El Salvador Cup Of Excellence La Ilusion in a French Press. I am loving this stuff. Really Really loving it

Top Bottom