What's new

Whats in your mug?~ December, 2008

Started with a cup of French pressed Brazilian followed by a few cups of Bojenmi tea. I've backed off on my morning coffee so that I can reduce my rapidly aging tea stash. It's gonna take a while to do that.

From the label on the box -
Uses:This preparation is made from famous Fukien tea together with 12 kinds of medicinal herbs, a concoction of a well-tested herbalist's prescription for resolving bodily fat and reducing weight. It reduces the cholesterol of the aged, thus preventing atherosc lerosis and high blood pressure and heart disorders. This tea will make women feel young and slim and full of youthful beauty. It also rids you of bad breath and erosion of the lip and tongue.

My goodness!

I always forget to pay attention to the month... Anyway now I've got a 2006 Xiaguan Mini Tuocha in a tea bag because I'm at work, was trying to figure out a good way to drink pu-erh here. This definitely works better then I thought it would

No tea yet today, which is unusual.
Two final mugs of (quelle surprise) E. Yirgacheffe.

Now Guatemalan Antigua.
Good body & balance; might have benefited from a slightly longer roast.

No tea yet today, which is unusual.

This evening I enjoyed what I would have to say is most likely the best cup of coffee I have ever had.

French pressed Brazil Jacu Bird Coffee.....Man oh man this was just incredible. I don't even know where to begin to even try to describe it.

Thank you for affording me the opportunity to give it try Scotto.

Kenyan Gethumbwini in a press.

I went out this morning to see Stuart Lee as Pumphreys and he pulled the gethumbwini as a shot, then a latte, and finally an americano. The acidity for me does not suit espresso, the blackcurrant is lost in the milky coffee and the americano is the best of the bunch. I will keep it in my press however.

Flavor of the day:

The Fresh Market's Christmas Blend

proxy.php

Awesome! Thirdeye has some stuff winging its way to him (that's a bird poop reference) as well, so we'll get another opinion.

Thanks again, Scott. If this isn't your finest effort to date, it's certainly the coolest.

I just made another cup and it is better than the first. Thick, creamy and smooth. I picked up an almost chocolaty note to it...very, very interesting for sure.

Kenyan gethumbwini home roasted hand ground and brewed in a bodum french press. Full score there! plus my home roasted coffee tasted damned good

Kenya Auction Lot #643 Mutitu, roasted 12 hours ago and brewed in a Yama vacuum pot. The aroma will about knock you over it is so intense - pure peaches.

I had some nice 1998 Lincang "CNNP Green Wrapper" pu-erh this morning. It brewed up into a beautiful deep orange. Taste was very full bodied on the tongue. I will avoid any further taste description since I am not very adept at describing the nuances of pu-erh taste. The smell was heavenly. While the leaves had a lot of small pieces and were not as complete as other pu-erh teas that I have, I think the age of the tea kept the tea from being bitter. All in all, a very nice tea.

Top Bottom