What's new

What your favourite soda pop?

It's local to Michigan, but if you're ever out my way I'll treat you all to a Vernor's ginger ale. Nothing quite like it. Makes you cough if you breathe it in whilst tipping the glass!
I'm glad someone mentioned Vernor's. I lived in Michigan for a few years and that is one special "pop". I also liked A&W Root Beer back in the days when I drank pop.

I remember the day I found out a can of Coca-Cola had the equivalent of 9+ teaspoons of sugar, and some other soft drinks had more, up to 13 or so!

Nowadays, I try not to drink my calories, so I have unsweetened tea or sparkling water with a slice of lemon, orange, grapefruit, etc.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My grandads favorite was Shasta Cream Soda and whiskey.
I always liked their root beer
I am quite certain that the old Coke was much less sweet than that of today. I also seem to have lost my taste for it.
look for the made in Mexico Coke. It is the original recipe (less sweet, made with sugar) and still in the proper container (12 oz glass bottle).

If you like soda...
DBEB537C-C2AA-4126-8472-1F56A0718A28.jpeg

BD4F7C48-0EC3-4F95-875F-404DA9AD158B.jpeg

Pops on Route 66 has every flavor imaginable...the names of some are even, creative? Dog barf, kitty piddle, etc. haha

Back in the 90s the local Coke bottler used to put "Made with pure Hawaiian cane sugar" on the cans. It was sweeter than the Coke from back in Ohio. My family did not believe me so I brought back a six pack on the plane. That made believers out of them. What a shame real Coke is no more.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
We have Vernor's out here in AZ. Works well with Bourbon! To me, it has more flavor than Canada Dry.

View attachment 1099594View attachment 1099595

Whoa there... I liked and respects my Bourbon drinkers and I likes and respects my Vernors drinkers. Whilst YMMV the only thing that should touch ones bourbon is a few ice cubes. Same could be said of ones Vernors. Just my opinion. Carry on @ackvil

Well now, gonna list a few. Pepsi-Cola, RC Cola, A&W Root Beer, Nehi Orange. Nehi Orange must have the equivalent of a cup of sugar in each bottle. The stuff is God-like with some orange sherbet in a glass. Also remember Planters Peanuts poured into the Pepsi. Simple joys from a simpler time.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
A&W In the big heavy frosted glass at the A&W sodashop. Oh man. We had one in my small town. If you're old enough to remember that as a kid, you know what soda was born to be. A real root-beer soda, when you were a junior-high student, served to you by the highschool girl you had a crush on? Man. One of life's great experiences. ;-) I would go there regularly just for the chance to talk to... well, I'll obscure their names (they're Senior citizens now, so it makes little difference, but out of respect) Initials CZ and TW. I spent my allowance to gaze into their eyes for brief moments. Haha.
You are killing me!!!!

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Well now, gonna list a few. Pepsi-Cola, RC Cola, A&W Root Beer, Nehi Orange. Nehi Orange must have the equivalent of a cup of sugar in each bottle. The stuff is God-like with some orange sherbet in a glass. Also remember Planters Peanuts poured into the Pepsi. Simple joys from a simpler time.
Oh yeah - Planters peanuts in a Coke!

Top Bottom