What's new

What's your favourite DE razor and why?

My daily driver (although I shave every other day) is the Green Cult 2.0.
❤️🪒

IMG_0873.jpeg

My favorite razor is my RR SS Lupo with the Vintage Thin Bar handle. For me it's the perfect weight, size, balance, maneuverability, feel and material. It also just happens to excel at removing the whiskers from my face without unnecessary drama. Honestly I didn't know there was a razor that would hit my sweet spot so well until I found the Lupo.

Lupo.jpg

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Honestly I didn't know there was a razor that would hit my sweet spot so well until I found the Lupo.
There is also the Lupo .95 OC and the Game Changer .84 in SB, OC and JAWS. And their Chinese clones with sometimes slight deviations. Like a scalloped cap or all made of titanium, if you like a light handle/razor.

This info is only relevant if you like collecting razors like a madman, which isn't unlikely as you just posted on Badger & Blade. 🕊️

My favorite razor is my RR SS Lupo with the Vintage Thin Bar handle. For me it's the perfect weight, size, balance, maneuverability, feel and material. It also just happens to excel at removing the whiskers from my face without unnecessary drama. Honestly I didn't know there was a razor that would hit my sweet spot so well until I found the Lupo.

View attachment 1708346
Is that 95 or 72?

Loving my DIY Gillette Super Click on a Fusion Flexball handle Very smooth shave, gets to DFS+ really easily. Also enjoying my FOCS, but today's shave with a Vientam Gillette Superthin blade (with Japanese flag) was weeper city. Loading it with a Super Iridium tomorrow. Has been a luxury shave otherwise.

Merkur 37C Slant. I have a fairly coarse beard and the slant chops it down quite nicely. My daily blade is Dorco ST300 which pairs with the Merkur perfectly - a great balance of a semi-aggressive razor with a forgiving blade. I can throw this setup around my face without even the slightest nick or irritation which makes for the perfect daily setup. I'll throw in a Feather occasionally if I want to push the boundaries of closeness-irritation-weepers but I actually prefer the Dorco setup.

As of today...
Modern: Henson AL13+++ No drama, autopilot, efficient razor.
Vintage: 1948 Gillette British Flat Bottom Tech (Mirror Nickel refinish by Back Roads Gold) The Henson of it's day.
No drama, autopilot, efficient razor. IMHO, the absolute best of the Gillette Tech's.
Honorable Mention: RR Aluminum Lupo and RR Stainless Steel Lupo .72 Without Henson, these would be "it".

Ya know, I thought about this earlier. If someone said I could only grab essentials out of the house (if I was thinking about a razor at all) what would I grab? It came down to two.

My Leaf Twig and my prewar fat handle Gillette Tech. My 1964 Super Speed is a close 3rd. It’d be very hard to choose between my Twig and Tech…

In fact, I might just stick with those 3 razors and be perfectly happy.

Top Bottom