What's new

What type of razor do you prefer?

I've used everything except for a true straight and my usual daily razor now is a cartridge. I'm ok with being an outlier.

I prefer cartridges of all kinds by far, but enjoy DE shaves when I have the time. When I use a vintage twin cartridge, the process is far closer to a DE shave than to higher end contemporary cartridges. Twin cartridges, at least the older ones that I use, are no more forgiving than a DE blade.

It’s not that I prefer a DE, but blades for my Schick Injectors are more expensive and not as available. Ever since I bought my first Injector in the BX at Lackland AFB in1962, I have found the SE razor easier to maneuver. Sometimes I’ll rotate razors just for the sake of change, but I find myself reaching for one of my DEs far more often, primarily due to blade choices.
IMG_0739.jpeg

Gillette Sensor cartridges because I just got into DE shaving, so that could change over time.
But I will still be using my Sensor a lot because I travel by air 10-12 days per month, so that will be my go to when traveling.
Its the best cartridge razor I have ever used before or since. Anything more than 2 blades is overkill.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
DE: Gillette Super Blue
SE: GEM Push Button
Injector: Shave Classic
Straight: Dovo Bismarck 6/8
Shavette: Sanguin R5

My preference is for DEs with a safety bar. However, I do have and occasionally use either an open comb or a GEM single edge.

My preference:
1) Straight Edge (4x per week)
2) Double Edge (3x times per week)
3) Single Edge (Injector style is the only one I've tried. I use it occasionally)
Distant #4) Cartridge (Haven't used one since 2013)

Since I discovered DE shaving I never shaved with anything else. I tried a shavette and a SR but I prefer a DE razor. My first razor was the Merkur 34C HD later I wanted something more aggressive and got a Fatip Piccolo which is an open comb razor. I used the Fatip for years in my shaving setup. I have some other DE razors but my favorite now is the Merkur Progress. Getting started with DE shaving was one of the best decisions I ever made in my life.

Top Bottom