What's new

What type of razor do you prefer?

Shaving can get boring, especially when you've been shaving regularly for 50+ years, it's good to have variety. It's also good to know what type of razor to choose when your feeling fragile (maybe a cart'?) or conversely when you're feeling adventurous (maybe an SR?) with everything else in between to suit your mood

Shaving can get boring, especially when you've been shaving regularly for 50+ years, it's good to have variety. It's also good to know what type of razor to choose when your feeling fragile (maybe a cart'?) or conversely when you're feeling adventurous (maybe an SR?) with everything else in between to suit your mood
Yes, I understand that, but my question is, what type do you use the most?

Yes, I understand that, but my question is, what type do you use the most?
Of the types mentioned I've carefully chosen what I like over many years, in terms of performance, design, comfort, efficiency etc...So, in my case it all depends, as I said, on how I feel or what mood I'm in. What I think you are really asking is what would be you 'desert island ' razor?

Of the types mentioned I've carefully chosen what I like over many years, in terms of performance, design, comfort, efficiency etc...So, in my case it all depends, as I said, on how I feel or what mood I'm in. What I think you are really asking is what would be you 'desert island ' razor?
No. I'm asking what razor do you reach for the most. That simple.

Simple question. What type of razor do you use the most:

Double edge, single edge, cartridge, or straight edge.
Double Edge. Over the last two years the razor I reach for the most are Hensons. I'm a stat geek and keeptrack of all my daily shaves:

Henson Razor First Use: October 14, 2021
"First ever Face and Head shave with the Henson AL 13 Mild. I had my doubts with the small blade gap but the results just blew me away! Ridiculously good!"

Henson Usage (number of shaves) through 10/10/2023
Total shave with Henson Razors: 682
Detailed breakdown by aggression:

Henson Mild = 326
Henson Medium = 91
Henson Aggressive= 265

Attachments

• IMG_5497.jpg
    IMG_5497.jpg
    937.6 KB · Views: 4
I can’t really choose between DE and SE, and I probably use both equally. To me they are functionally the same thing. DE has the minor advantages of less rinsing and a less wide blade edge, but it has the disadvantage of using floppy tinfoil blades. Equal overall, when it comes to the best examples of each, and they’re basically fixed-head safety razors, which is what really matters to me.

My favorite type is a straight razor.
Next is a double edge safety razor.
Last is a single edge. In my case it is an injector razor.

I use all three types. I always use a straight edge 4 days a week; T-Th-S-Su. I'll use either the double edge or the single edge on M-W-F.

My main complaint with the single edge injector razor is the blade. I just feel that the quality of the blades are not on the same level of quality as the double edge razor blades. YMMV.

The way the question is stated, if you choose SE, you could be going between AC, Gem, half DE, and injector type razors, even the OneBlade razor uses it's own blade.

That being said, DE for the variety of razors and blades, and blade cost. Also the ability to use both sides of the blade prior to shaking out the razor into the water is faster and more efficient.

Top Bottom