What's new

What TV series you watching?

Once again an original Star Trek grabbed me: the Season Three "Elaan of Troyius." Believe it or not, there were good episodes that year, this one among them. The climactic space battle, like those in "Doomsday Machine" and "Balance of Terror," caught me as it always does, and I had to watch it to the end.

I hear these are really good. I haven’t started it cause the first is like 2hrs+ I think.
Starting watching Night Stalker tonight. First episode down, and it’s pretty good so far.

Finished up the Small Axe movie series...McQueen Absolutely killed it (in a good way; no pun intended). Simply fantastic.

We are watching Fauda and are on S2 E8. Way overrated, to me. Crying and shooting. I do not think I like any of the characters, and their inner turmoil has become tedious to me.
We are a few episodes into S3 of Fauda. This season seems really good so far. I think they must have intentionally made some adjustments. The women in this show, particularly this new season, seem really good, BTW.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Netflix imposters
It’s really great. Nearing the end of season 2 hopefully they spring fir season 3.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Once again an original Star Trek grabbed me: the Season Three "Elaan of Troyius." Believe it or not, there were good episodes that year, this one among them. The climactic space battle, like those in "Doomsday Machine" and "Balance of Terror," caught me as it always does, and I had to watch it to the end.
I recently re watched (probably for the 100th time) the Gary seven episode. I hadn’t seen it in years and enjoyed it. Felt like it holds up.

Finished Fauda. I thought S3 was pretty good. I really wanted to like this show for some reason. But I guess, at the end of the day, I just didn't.

I have been watching Mr.Robot and just finished it today. I really like what Sam Esmail did in the series. While I was watching I was feeling like as If I am watching "The Game" from David Fincher. He constantly holds the tension at a balanced level that you can not even stand up and go to toilet. It makes you wonder and makes you ask "Oh my god, what will be next?". And in the series there were really "games" which Sam Esmail thought of. For example he made cameo appearances in the last season, and the thing that was written on Mr. Robot's workplace's window: "Computer Repair With A Smile". The last part we pronounce as ESMAIL. So, Sam Esmail managed to incorporate us into the series with his little tricks. It was good to watch.

Yet another original Star Trek, "The Way to Eden" from their much-maligned 3rd season. Yes, the episode is slow and talky, and kind of silly. (I was a teenager when the story first aired, and I thought the space hippies were ridiculous even then.) But Skip Homeier's performance as the group's leader, the Timothy Leary-esque Dr. Sevrin, stands out. Homeier didn't usually get meaty roles, it seems, but in this one he comes across as exactly what Spock says he is when reporting to Kirk: "Dr. Sevrin is insane. I have not consulted Dr. McCoy; but I have no doubt of it."

Homeier manages this neatly, without foaming at the mouth or rolling his eyes, and almost without raising his voice: the truly dangerous kind of madman.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Still plowing through Star Trek Voyager.

Glad I gave it a second shot. Janeway's voice used to just grate. The "focus" episodes - rotating cast member after cast member gets old. Still, there are gems.

AA

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Recently rewatched the first three episodes of season 1of game of thrones

And just started
The Kominsky Method

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Yet another original Star Trek, "The Way to Eden" from their much-maligned 3rd season. Yes, the episode is slow and talky, and kind of silly. (I was a teenager when the story first aired, and I thought the space hippies were ridiculous even then.) But Skip Homeier's performance as the group's leader, the Timothy Leary-esque Dr. Sevrin, stands out. Homeier didn't usually get meaty roles, it seems, but in this one he comes across as exactly what Spock says he is when reporting to Kirk: "Dr. Sevrin is insane. I have not consulted Dr. McCoy; but I have no doubt of it."

Homeier manages this neatly, without foaming at the mouth or rolling his eyes, and almost without raising his voice: the truly dangerous kind of madman.
Ah the space hippies! I never loved that mission. Er Um episode i mean. 😒

Top Bottom