What's new

What TV Series from Your Childhood do you remember?

I used to love shows like:
Sea Hunt.
Broken Arrow.
The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin.
Squiddley Diddley. (Cartoon)
F Troop.
Daniel Boone.
The Saint.
The Pretenders.
Dusty’s Trail.
Gilligan‘s Island.
HR Puffnstuff.
Captain America. (Cartoon)
The Hillbilly Bears. (Cartoon)
The Incredible Hulk. (Cartoon).
Speed Racer. (Cartoon)
Superman with George Reeves.
Casey Jones.
Banana Splits.
The Adventure of QT Hush (Cartoon)

Speed Racer was my favorite show when I was in third grade.
They didn't run it on television during the Summer.

I was really looking forward to it after my first day of fourth grade.

Third grade me thought it was the greatest thing imaginable.
Fourth grade me couldn't believe how bad it was.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Speed Racer was my favorite show when I was in third grade.
They didn't run it on television during the Summer.

I was really looking forward to it after my first day of fourth grade.

Third grade me thought it was the greatest thing imaginable.
Fourth grade me couldn't believe how bad it was.
Like that joke attributed to Mark Twain:
“When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.”

My mother used to listen to the Texaco NY Metropolitan Opera radio broadcast every Saturday. I know this is not a TV show, but I enjoyed listening along with her. Nowadays, some movie theaters do a live broadcast, which is pretty cool for opera buffs across the country. Another TV show I loved, which only lasted a year or two was the baseball Home Run Derby show. Also, "professional" wrestling shows, Amos 'n Andy ( it is rightly called racist, although as a kid, humor rather race is how I saw it) Leave It To Beaver, lots of cartoon shows.

I am late 40's now. I would stay up late at night and watch reruns of Car 54 Where Are You? and my dad would too. He was always eating some very pungent cheese and sandwich with it...

Roy Rogers- I went to school with one of his relatives . We all thought he was lying about being related until his mom came in one day and confirmed it.

Ricochet Rabbit

Fractured Fairytales

Combat

Benny Hill- Only if I didn’t get caught. Considered pretty naughty as my mom would say.

Bonanza

The Three Stooges

Johnny Quest- My favorite. Never missed it.

Street Hawk
Giant Robot
Nightrider
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Way too many Hanna Barbera cartoons to list but everything that is now considered classic in Cartoon network.

Then G.I.Joe and HeMan were staple in our house.

Remember watching Three Stooges before school and Battle of the Planets and Star Blazers in the afternoon. A lot of the 60’s sitcoms were sindicated for the evening when I was a kid.

Growing up in Sweden in he 70's we had some different ones. I remember

Professor Balthazar

La Linea (Linus pa linjen)

Bunch of Swedish produced ones. Did not watch too much TV back then. Spent a lot of time outside running around instead.

Top Bottom