What's new

What soap has the best container?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
The parkway as mentioned ie T+S
i wish they were all in that would make storage easier

I agree with Tabac. My lid cracked so I filled it with a bit of 5-minute epoxy. Good as new now.
Also, although this is only about containers...+1 for Tabac as favorite soap (after trying many, many others).

I like the style of the tubs that Mike's uses because the bottom fits my hands better than the style used by Grooming Dept and Stirling. Both bottoms have the same inside diameter, but the style used by Mike's has a smaller outside diameter than the other style. I guess my hands are of medium size.

If we are talking about plastic tubs then Turtleship Grooming- their tubs are clear sturdy plastic with some of the best threads I have ever seen on a tub of soap. WK and some of the B&M ones as well.

Metal tins I really like the large Old School HTGAM type Movie Reel tins for some reason. They hold a un-practical amount of soap (usually 8oz+) but loading from them is easy and makes a different textured lather IMO.

Soap Commander is another great suggestion, but they are a bit difficult to stack/store but they are a quality tub that had some thought put into them.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I like WSP Blackbeard...even the container is cool! When you unscrew the lid...the product is right to the top...wouldn't matter anyway...after ten seconds of loading the brush, the lather is bursting all over the place.

WSP Blackbeard.JPG

My favorite, though somewhat utilitarian, container is the simple Proraso jar.

The snap-on/off lid works a treat, and it's quick. I like to hold the container in my brush-free hand, the Proraso jar is very ergonomic in this respect. I find the jar's 3¼" opening just fine for loading.
View attachment 1079318
I can also handle big brush loads.

Attachments

• 36080B99-D4F9-4F1F-AEF9-BED7135F5CCA.jpeg
    36080B99-D4F9-4F1F-AEF9-BED7135F5CCA.jpeg
    499.7 KB · Views: 25
I would have to say, hands down, Sebum Gold’s thick, heavy glass jars with wooden labels are my favorites.

Top Bottom