What's new

What Shaving gear have you “Stocked up on”?

I know! Very weird and from a trustworthy 3rd party vendor I buy thru on Amazon frequently. The Feathers for that price seem to be gone now but another forum member got some yesterday as well. 7OClock Green Russians were about $7US and I grabbed a few hundred of those as well. Pricing errors? Dunno.

I cut myself off at buying $9US/100 Nacets as I have too many blades and the wife is about to kill me for my recent spending. 🤪

Not sure if US Walmart online is the same but fellow Canadians should watch out for blade deals. Most of Walmart Canada’s 3rd party products are insanely overpriced, so this is just a super rare occurrence.

Well, now I'm also stocked up on blades!! Damn thee...

I grabbed a 100 each of Feather, Astra SP, and Nacets since I was paying for shipping anyway and the prices on the non-Feathers were equal or better than anywhere else. A bottle of non-alcohol Taconic splash too. I hope it's decent. I was attracted as it's the same scent as our laundry soap which smells heavenly (Lavender/Lime).

Now I just need a Tatara Masamune to go with the Feathers!

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I have a back up of Old Spice and both a puck and shave stick of Arko. The puck is in play, the stick is waiting in the wings.

I could use some more soaps & splashes and l "need" to buy 100 'Treet 7 Days' blades next pay-the-bills-day... Other than those items l think l (or my heirs) am set for great shaves for years to come.

full_col___Yongqing_Bao_-_Wildlife_Photographer_of_the_Year_web.jpg

Blades, I bought an assortment of them a few months ago.

Blade Storage.JPG

I have used all of the 7 o'clock blades and am finishing the Nacets. I haven't decided which tuck to use next. I have never used the Treet blades before.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Blades:
I went through several DE blade droughts in the 90s and early 00s, and never want to go through that again. I now have roughly 600 assorted blades in a box, which should ensure I never go without a fresh DE blade ever again.

Soap:
I now keep a spare (or the next) cake of Mitchell's in the drawer, and I have 6 Palmolive shave sticks in there too. If I see Mitchell's on sale somewhere, I might add another. I haven't done it with cream, as that might not keep as well.

Razors:
I have a spare head for my Edwin Jagger DE3D14 and a spare head for my Merkur 985. If I use either, I'll try to source a replacement spare. I used to have a spare Wilkinson Sword Classic too, but I gave that away a few years ago.

Brush:
I have a spare Kent Infinity, as my current one is shedding a bit.

I tried to keep it a secret but I think it might have been @camoloc who let the cat out of the bag. I've stocked up on matching seven-day sets of SR's. I know that when the new world order takes effect, such necessities in life will be impossible to procure.

better have a case maker in your back pocket too!!!!!

to answer the question.......im working on stone acquisitions.

20201002_122928.jpg

camo

Most of us seem to own multiple razors, brushes, blades, soaps and so on.

What item(s) have you really stocked up on for a rainy day or a potential future shaveocaypse? Could be due to a price you can’t refuse, a product discontinuation, etc.

In my case, I recently bought a 6 pack of my favorite shave creme (St James of London Sandalwood and Bergamot) when it was on super sale and have been stocking up on 100 packs of Personna Red Blades when I see them on sale. Not sure if the Israeli blades are really going away, but they are one of my favorite blades and I buy them when they get under $15/100. I have about 600 tucked away currently.

What have you stocked up on already or what are you considering stocking up on?
And thanks for nothin, I've never heard of SJOL Sandalwood and Bergamot!!!!!!!! Damn you!!!!!!!!!

Each year I stock up on a 24 pack of Williams mug soap, MWF and Tabac pucks, and some 200 gem ptfe coated blades. This is an annual ritual apart from the other shaving hardware and software I keep buying!
I've also got a 1000 or so each blades of Indian Gillette Wilkinson sword, Gillette super Platinum black, green Indian Gillette permasharp stainless, super max many versions. Go figure how many lives this will last me for !

I have a ton of soaps in the stash, especially multiples of each of the eight old ‘tallow’ Haslingler’s, bricks of Cella and Vito‘s, MWF and a good selection of Fine’s options.

The other area where I am more than well stocked is blades, perhaps a few thousand (assorted).

Other than that I have AS and brush rotations!

In sum, I am a ‘minimalist’ by B&B standards!! :a29: :a29:

And thanks for nothin, I've never heard of SJOL Sandalwood and Bergamot!!!!!!!! Damn you!!!!!!!!!
You are welcome.😝

Also, my Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme soap and AS balm arrived today. Even better than SJoL Sandalwood and Bergamot. 👍

Seriously though, PdP really is amazing soap. Pretty inexpensive too.

Each year I stock up on a 24 pack of Williams mug soap, MWF and Tabac pucks, and some 200 gem ptfe coated blades. This is an annual ritual apart from the other shaving hardware and software I keep buying!
I've also got a 1000 or so each blades of Indian Gillette Wilkinson sword, Gillette super Platinum black, green Indian Gillette permasharp stainless, super max many versions. Go figure how many lives this will last me for !
24 pucks of Williams a year? Just to stock up?

How many do you actually go thru in a year?

Polsilver SI blades. Bought a hundred and then when I heard they were discontinuing I bought a hundred more.
I know for some of you that doesn't really count, but for me that is serious 'stocking up.'

That sucks. Usually us Canadians are the ones that can’t get the great deals shipped from the US.

I ordered 200 Feathers and the 300 7Oclocks and it was about $70US shipped. $14 shipping is high but I’m not complaining at the total price.
I found a deal at Amazon for $30.00 per hundred with free shipping. I’m really thinking I’ll pull the trigger for two 100 packs. What do you think?

Top Bottom