What's new

Disposable Razors from Feather and Kai

After reading a few posts on disposable razors on the forums, I've been looking at some to be potential travel razors should the need arise. The most recommended seems to be the BIC Metal, but I can't find it where I am located.

I did find however three different disposables from Feather and Kai, one of which seems to be a very interesting. I haven't tried any of them as of yet, but I might try them out at a later date. Have you ever had the chance to try these razors?

Feather Super disposable razor LongRunner
IMG_6356.jpeg

Made of ABS plastic, featuring a two blade, movable head (up, down) with plastic blade cover. Color: black with Feather logo on the grip. No lubrication strip.
Cost for one Razor: USD 2.20

KAI Besty EX
IMG_6355.jpeg

Also made of ABS plastic; 2 blade, movable head (up, down) with plastic blade cover. Color: black, with lubrication strip.
Cost for a pack of two razors: USD 1.50

KAI Paper Razor
IMG_6350.jpeg

The most interesting of the three, and the only one truly deserving of the adjective disposable. The KAI Paper Razor. It is made entirely out of milk carton paper, except the blade, and is therefore fairly water resistant and can withstand a temperature of up to 40 degrees C (104 F). Some assembly required. It measures 131.5 mm x 59.7 mm x 3.1 mm (l x w x thickness) and 96 x 41.6 x 17 mm after assembly. The blade is a three blade, fixed cartridge. No lubrication strip. Five colors are available: ocean blue, botanical red, jade green, sunny yellow, and sand beige. The five color set costs USD 10.30, a single razor costs USD 1.80

Personally, I'd really like to try the Feather LongRunner and the KAI Paper Razor.

I bought some KAI disposables as potential travel razors at Daiso (you can see more pictures and read more info here).
IMG_1414.jpg

The "T Type" is steel body/handle with a carbon steel blade, and the gold coloured version has a stainless steel blade. It works ok but not sure if it works better than a standard BIC disposable. At least the little piece of plastic can be seperated from the steel and the steel can then be thrown in recycling, and the blade thrown in a blade bank. It's quite small and light, so would fit into a small shaving kit well. I think the overall design of the cardboard model is based off this type of razor.

They also had another KAI disposable which advertises a thicker blade, maybe this is more comparable to a BIC metal? I didn't end up getting it.
IMG_1395.JPG

KAI also makes disposable med prep razors, both single edge and double edge.

Top Bottom