What Shavette/Barber-Razor and Blade did you use today? We like PICS

May 13: Wonderful Weck Wednesday

Lather:
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Brush: Semogue 1800 (22/55mm)
Razor: Weck Sextoblade "Trade Sample Not For Sale"
Blade: Personna Hair Shaper [14]
Balm: Proraso White Crema Liquida Dopobarba

I just realized I missed last Wednesday's special Weck day, so I'll have to use it twice this week. Using a favorite razor twice in a week is tough, but I'm up to it ;-)

Today's shave went as well as yesterday's Feather SS shave, which is to say, beautifully. When I'm on my game, the razor can be referred to as the Wonderful Weck.
proxy.php

Universal Lama Intera today.
IMG_20200517_115154-01.jpeg

Universal Lama Intera, Blue Bird (1x)
Arko
Rudy Vey, Shavemac 2-band
Pinaud

First time trying the Blue Bird blade (Try-a-Blade sampler). Nice and sharp but a bit harsh. And I managed to give myself a bite under my jawline. One more chance for this blade. Life's too short.

May 18: All-Italian Day Off Straight Shave

Lather:
Cella "BIO" Crema di Barba
Brush: Zenith B07-EURO bleached boar (24/57mm)
Razor: Universal Rasoio a Mano Libera Lama Intera 7/8
Blade: Bolzano Superinox half blade [9]

Doesn't get much better than an all-Italian lineup on a lazy holiday morning shave. I followed @RumpleBearskin's lead and went with the full-DE bladed Universal as well.
proxy.php

May 19: Defiant Mastodon Shave

Lather:
Dr. Jon's Defiance
Brush: Semogue 1800 (22/55mm)
Razor: Mastodon 7/8 (full-DE blade shavette)
Blade: Bolzano Superinox half blade [10]

A nice shave to start the work [from home] week since yesterday was a holiday. I like the scent of Defiance, but it doesn't wow me enough to get another tub once it's done. The lather is top notch though - Dr. Jon's makes a great soap base. I believe this is the v2 base, which is irrelevant to me because I have no problems with any of their soaps.
proxy.php

20/05/20

Lather: Palmolive cream
Brush: Yaqi black marble synthetic
Razor: Parker 34r
Blade: Astra sp
Balm: Nivea sensitive

Today has been a milestone i put down the mwf i have been developing a dislike for and tried palmolive far easier to lather helping greatly with my learning curve, not keen on the scent though something between cheap showergel and toothpaste but it works so ill keep with it while i hone my skills. Best shave to date now im not concentrating on the finish more the technique.

May 20: Shiny

Lather:
Stirling Baker Street (sample)
Brush: Proraso Professional (27/57mm)
Razor: Weck Wecprep Medical Sextoblade w/guard
Blade: Personna Hair Shaper [16]
Balm: Chatillon Lux TSM Fougere Salve

Weck Wednesdays are synonymous with great shaves, and today was no exception. I got lazy and went with the guard do I could have a completely safe and mindless shave entirely on autopilot.

I'm a big Stirling fan, and am really digging the Baker Street scent. Reminds me a lot of Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber.
proxy.php

May 21: All-Italian Straight Shave

Lather:
Cella "BIO" Crema di Barba
Brush: Omega S-10019 "S-Brush" (24/52mm)
Razor: King Metal X-Razor 6/8
Blade: Bolzano Superinox half blade [11]

This X-Razor is an Italian beauty, but demands the utmost attention due to the huge blade exposure. For me, it shaves best with the spine actually touching my face - anything steeper gives me irritation. That said, I did get a bit of irritation because I was having so much fun and decided to go for a completely unnecessary 4th pass. There was more than enough soap from the initial load for even a 5th pass.
proxy.php

So, how did it go? Did you adjust to the lip bump on the SS, or did it bother you?
Well, I took it slowly and cautiously first time. Good two pass shave resulting DFS+ on cheeks and SAS on chin area. Chin is my problem area. It is very easy to get whiteheads next day if I am not careful ! This is reason I prefer shavette over DE razor. Much eazyer to watch razor angle.

No, did not adapt to lip bump. Did not noticed it very much. But the thicker AC blade felt very differently from thinner DE or cabinet blade I am used to. I liked it.

May 22: Vetiver Vendredi

Lather:
Cyril R. Salter Luxury Cream - French Vetiver
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft "Disruptor" (22/52mm)
Razor: Univinlions Kai Captain, straight (clone)
Blade: Feather Artist Club ProGuard [18]
Balm: Aqua Velva Sensitive 5 in 1 After Shave Balm
proxy.php

May 24: All-Italian Sunday Straight Shave

Lather:
Proraso Green "Super Formula"
Brush: Mondial vintage boar (24/50mm)
Razor: Universal Rasoio a Mano Libera Lama Intera 7/8
Blade: Bolzano Superinox half blade [12]

Nice relaxing Sunday shave. The two-day stubble was no match for the Universal.

This vintage Mondial boar belonged to my sister-in-law's dad, who used it for maybe 20 years, rotating between two brushes, this one and a Mondial badger (which I also have). Brushes weren't very dense back then, but they work just fine for me.
proxy.php

SOTD

Pre: Hot shower
Lather: Arko Soap in a bowl (mail call from Turkey)
Razor: Vincent VT-1321 w/ Kai Captain Standard blade

20200527_075241.jpg

May 27: Weck 2.0 Wednesday

Lather:
Stirling Baker Street (sample)
Brush: Vie-Long 12705 brown horse-hair (24/50mm)
Razor: Hess 1010 "EZY Shave"
Blade: Personna Hair Shaper [17]

Another great shave with the Hess EZY Shave, of as I call it, the Weck two point oh. It's got less exposure than the Sextoblade, but that's meaningless because hair shaper blades don't flex and there's enough exposure that you don't need to shave artificially steep because of the lip.

The only down side of this razor is that the little knob thingy that let's you eject the blade makes it so you can't strop the blade. I don't usually strop my blades regularly, so the down side is a non-issue.
proxy.php

May 28: Spanish Holiday

Lather:
LEA Classic Crema de Afeitar
Brush: Semogue IB 2012 LE boar (22/50mm)
Razor: Univinlions Kai Captain, straight (clone)
Blade: Feather Artist Club ProGuard [19]
Post: Witch Hazel w/added glycerine, aloe and Patchouli EO

LEA Classic is a great citrusy summer scent which always reminds me of vacation because that's usually the cream I bring with me.

The ProGuard in the Univinlions razor shows no signs of old age yet.
proxy.php

Top Bottom