What's new

What Shavette/Barber-Razor and Blade did you use today? We like PICS

Well today after a week of not shaving due to a very sore face and irritation even from just lathering a couple of days ago so i presumed the soap, badger brush i got back on the horse this time using a brand new make up brush of my wifes as a test 😂 to find out if it was the badger or mwf

Brush- wifes makeup
Lather- mwf
Razor -dark stag
Blade - feather hi stainless
Balm - nivea sensitive

I started out with the parker and derby premium blades but notice immediate tugging so i swapped out for the dark stag and feather and had a very nice shave two wtg pass' and one touch up a couple of weepers and not much irritation. Hope has been restored looks like ill be sticking with the feathers and getting a synthetic brush

I like the look of the yaki black marble i can get it for £14 with the plisson knot or £17 with tuxedo is there much difference in them?

May 10: All Italian Sunday Straight Shave

Lather:
Proraso Red (sandalwood and shea butter)
Brush: Proraso Professional (27/57mm)
Razor: Universal Rasoio a Mano Libera Lama Intera 7/8
Blade: Bolzano Superinox half blade [7]
Balm: Proraso White Crema Liquida Dopobarba

Nice relaxing shave with an all Italian top shelf lineup. Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there.
proxy.php

I posted this is another thread but i'll reiterate it here. I have settled on the Proline for good.
Last night I swapped out a Proline that had at least 18 shaves on it for a fresh Kai.

Bottom line is that for me a proline with 18 shaves on it was both smoother and sharper than a brand new Kai. I ended up with a serviceable shave, but it was nowhere near as comfortable and easy as I get with the Proline. (I'm using a Feather SS).

Have a great day.

These are one piece disposables with the blade built in. They’re really sharp. An experienced Shavette shaver would probably have no problem with them. I have a variety of other brands too. This is the only one with a smooth edge. All the others have a type of serrated edge on them. I wouldn’t call it “guarded” or try to shave with it.

Those serrations are probably guards

1589136011468.png

Those are Shavette blades. I have those. This eyebrow trimmer is one piece. The blades are not changable.
They Do not come out. It is meant to be used and thrown away.
View attachment 1098300
Yes I am aware. But I thought the disposables use essentially the same 50mm blades as the shavettes. I assumed the blue version has an identical blade to the Protouch MG.
1589140417016.png

No. Those are serrations. I have a bunch of those too. I use them for just inside my nostrils, but you can scrape yourself pretty badly if you don’t get it just right.

No. Those are serrations. I have a bunch of those too. I use them for just inside my nostrils, but you can scrape yourself pretty badly if you don’t get it just right.
Great, thanks! I ordered one pack of the pink unguarded and one pack of the blue. I am looking forward to seeing what they are like.

Perhaps they are meant to be a type of guard, but they really just end up acting as serrated edges. I got those first, and then went to the straight edge version, which is more like a real razor edge. Anyway, I don’t really recomend trying to shave your face with them. Get a real Shavette. The can be useful for little touch ups close to the nose etc. But are still pretty tricky.

Perhaps they are meant to be a type of guard, but they really just end up acting as serrated edges. I got those first, and then went to the straight edge version, which is more like a real razor edge. Anyway, I don’t really recomend trying to shave your face with them. Get a real Shavette. The can be useful for little touch ups close to the nose etc. But are still pretty tricky.
I appreciate the tip. I have plenty of shavettes, but I wanted to give these a try just for grins. They're not expensive, so it won't be a big deal if they are a total flop. I'll definitely proceed with caution.

May 11: Menthol Monday

Lather:
Proraso Green "Super Formula"
Brush: Omega 0196745 BLACK Hi-Brush (24/56mm)
Razor: Sanguine Coolcut R5 shavette
Blade: Bolzano Superinox half blade [8]
Balm: Chatillon Lux TSM Fougere Salve

Slowly getting to like this tiny shavette. I much prefer the wider heads with DE bladed razors, but don't mind the narrow Weck Sextoblade because the longer blade helps with stability. I don't think I'll ever love this shavette, but it was a Christmas gift from my nephew and I'll keep it forever.
proxy.php

Lather: Proraso White for sensitive skin
Brush: synthetic brush
Razor: Half-blade Kai Captain clone shavette
Blade: Gillette Rubie half blade [8]

Three pass face and two pass head shave
DSCF4121.JPG

May 12: Feather Shave

Lather:
Brush: PAA The Green Ray Hybrid Tribble (24/57mm)
Razor: Feather Artist Club SS 6/8
Blade: Feather Artist Club ProGuard [16]

The Feather SS has a quirk that shows up every so often. Today was one of those days - it felt like the razor was doing nothing.I never feel my stubble between passes during the shave, yet at the end of the shave, my skin was DFS smooth with some areas BBS, which is my normal target. I say it again and I know @kingfisher agrees ... this razor is magic.
proxy.php

May 12: Feather Shave

Lather:
Brush: PAA The Green Ray Hybrid Tribble (24/57mm)
Razor: Feather Artist Club SS 6/8
Blade: Feather Artist Club ProGuard [16]

The Feather SS has a quirk that shows up every so often. Today was one of those days - it felt like the razor was doing nothing.I never feel my stubble between passes during the shave, yet at the end of the shave, my skin was DFS smooth with some areas BBS, which is my normal target. I say it again and I know @kingfisher agrees ... this razor is magic.
proxy.php
Yep. Totally agree.

Yesterday I finally loaded a fresh Proline into my SS, and this morning was the first shave with the new blade. I palm stropped it briefly before I loaded it last night.

Um, wow. I had forgotten how magical this thing is with a fresh blade. Fantastic shave.

Top Bottom