What's new

What Shavette/Barber-Razor and Blade did you use today? We like PICS

Univinlions w/ Feather Pro Super blade

20191113_214204.jpg

IMG_20191114_193143.jpg

Cloud shavette with jin-shi blades.
I really liked Cloud blade better than Jin-Shi. I had my first cut with this blade in my shavette history.

Univinlions w/ Feather Pro Super blade
How do you like the Super blade. They're my favorite AC blade right now. Second is the Feather Artist Club, and in far away last place are the ProGuards and that Chinese blade that came with the Univinlions razor.

How do you like the Super blade. They're my favorite AC blade right now. Second is the Feather Artist Club, and in far away last place are the ProGuards and that Chinese blade that came with the Univinlions razor.
The Super was exactly what I needed for this shave. I had a few days of beard growth and it plowed right through everything. For daily shaving, I tend to lean toward the Kai Captain Milds but I could probably get used to the Supers if I had to.

I would agree in the Chinese blades. It wasn't worth the extra $1.25 to get the blade pack included. I will probably PIF them away.

The Kai Protouch blades are great if I'm in a hurry and I tend to use them when traveling.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

15738060079088235539230214765952.jpg

Always a full-size Weck Sextoblade, this one in stainless. It's loaded with a Fromm blade, but I prefer Personna.

Another shave with the Kai Excelia and Feather Pro. After using the chinese AC blade in the Univinlions kamisori, this Feather feels effortless.
Kai-Excelia-Moroccan-Myth---November-2019.jpg

Always a full-size Weck Sextoblade, this one in stainless. It's loaded with a Fromm blade, but I prefer Personna.
Great razor - I use mine at least once a week.

But boy do we disagree on blades ;-) Personnas feel like I'm shaving with a jagged lid of a baked beans can, while my Fromm Edge Ahead blade is still buttery smooth after 45 shaves.

Great razor - I use mine at least once a week.

But boy do we disagree on blades ;-) Personnas feel like I'm shaving with a jagged lid of a baked beans can, while my Fromm Edge Ahead blade is still buttery smooth after 45 shaves.

Oh, I readily agree that Personnas are wickedly aggressive. They feel like they could shave your skin off (because they do, in a medical setting). That said, the Fromms feel like they take a little too much force to cut hair. I'm referring to a blade that has less than 10 shaves. Sharper is better, and clean cuts heal fastest.

Had my 82nd shavette shave last night, all with a Feather SS, although half of those were with the non folding version and half with the folding one.
No shower, just splashed water on the face, made lather, and shaved. I used Dragonsbeard shave soap and aftershave.
Lather is rich and slick. I got a little too hasty on the left low neck and got a bit of irritation from a bad angle there, but otherwise the shave was very good.
I used a Schick Proline blade on its sixth or seventh shave.

Sharper is better, and clean cuts heal fastest.
Yeah, that's our fundamental preference difference. I prefer duller and buttery smooth to wicked sharp, in fact, I dread using a new blade and will often cork then before first use. I'm an Excalibur Club member who takes most blades to 60+ shaves, and on rare occasions, Century Club (100+ shaves).

I completely agree with your perception that Personnas are sharper than Fromms.

Traveling again this week for work so Feather SS or a DE shave. Tonight was the Feather SS, Stirling orange chill, and Gillette cool wave balm to finish it off. I always get a small weeper or two with the Feather, but always get a very close shave.

Going to shower tonight and try out a parker SRW with half a personna blade cause I know the blade well. Placeholder for pictures.

For whatever reason, the edit button is missing.

1575438626007.png

I went all out for my first shavette experience and tried a new brush and new soap lol.

I think I have the grip and the angle down, but I can't seem to see my face while shaving some of the time...

Top Bottom