What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

Yesterday, it was the Yates 921-H for what was basically a cleanup of a couple of fast growing patches (most of my face was still quite smooth from Timeless Tuesday).

So, of course today I felt like seeing if the bronze 78OC could be an everyday shaver for me.
Short story? Nope.

Two pass DFS/SAS shave with a bit of pain, but no blood letting.

I wish my Yates 921M/scalloped bar would arrive. I want to see if that one can be a daily efficient/smooth shaver for me.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Razor: Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Perma-Sharp (4)
20220811_125442~2.jpg

Superb top tier razor! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11883113

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
RazoRock JAWS 0.84, Loi Titanium (3)

@TDKBeloushi , it wasn’t a Feather in mine, but even a Loi Titanium in this razor made for a very effective ATG almost all done in one pass shave.

@slim6596 , here’s hoping your pending Yates 921-M plate saves the day and that you’re able to unlock the achievement “shave with a Yates 921-H e’eryday” in the meantime.

@TDKBeloushi , it wasn’t a Feather in mine, but even a Loi Titanium in this razor made for a very effective ATG almost all done in one pass shave.

@slim6596 , here’s hoping your pending Yates 921-M plate saves the day and that you’re able to unlock the achievement “shave with a Yates 921-H e’eryday” in the meantime.
@thombrogan that's amazing! 😍

I totally agree, as i said that's the smoothest DE I've ever used (so far).

Enjoy your shaves 😊👌🏼😊

Goodwill vs Tech

#160 Gillette Goodwill
Pre War Tech with Durham-Duplex handle
New Voskhod Blade
Stirling Lil Brudder brush
ToBS Tobacco Leaf Soap

Both were incredibly close and smooth with just a little blade feel with the Tech.
If I could choose either one as my forever only razor, either one would do nicely, although the Goodwill has the slight edge.

Got
Yesterday, it was the Yates 921-H for what was basically a cleanup of a couple of fast growing patches (most of my face was still quite smooth from Timeless Tuesday).

So, of course today I felt like seeing if the bronze 78OC could be an everyday shaver for me.
Short story? Nope.

Two pass DFS/SAS shave with a bit of pain, but no blood letting.

I wish my Yates 921M/scalloped bar would arrive. I want to see if that one can be a daily efficient/smooth shaver for me.
I am with you Slim….My .78OC bronze is a beauty and fun to use, but definitely not a daily for me either.

Attachments

• 7995490C-8E38-48FD-94BD-C0574193EFAA.jpeg
    7995490C-8E38-48FD-94BD-C0574193EFAA.jpeg
    968.5 KB · Views: 6

I can shave with my 921H every day, but after day one it’s a bit uncomfortable. I guess I need to be satisfied with a DFS instead of chasing BBS everyday.

Top Bottom