What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

ShaveStylettoSilver.jpg

The Goodfellas Smile Styletto silver razor and a Personna Platinum blade. This razor gives me a wonderful shave!

Today I used a new Personna Med Prep in a Maggard V3 and was surprised at how inefficient the razor was. I hadn't shaved with any of the Maggards for a few years so perhaps this is just re-learning the shave, but a Med Prep in the razors I've used lately have been nearly BBS shaves.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Alpha Shaving Outlaw / Gillette Black

AlphaBravo.jpg

This razor and its handle and stand show that it is possible: hyper-polished AND grippy at the same time. My smartphone is clearly visible in the stand.

The Alpha Bravo handle has fantastic knurls, I would have loved a slightly longer version (1-2 more knurls), but the Viper handle is also a very nice longer handle with fantastic knurling. I use it mostly for the Wunderbar.

The Outlaw is a loud, proud and aggressive razor. You hear it cutting. Its mild plate didn't exist when I bought it. The design is more classic than modern, no strong clamping over the whole length of the blade plus a rather large head provide ample audible feedback. Efficiency wise it is very good, but not quite up to my absolute favorites anymore.

I am looking forward to try/buy the upcoming Alpha Bandit hopefully soon. It will come with an OC plate, something that doesn't exist for the Outlaw, unfortunately. I hope that it will sell at a similar bargain price.

Alpha Shaving Outlaw / Gillette Black

View attachment 1503770

This razor and its handle and stand show that it is possible: hyper-polished AND grippy at the same time. My smartphone is clearly visible in the stand.

The Alpha Bravo handle has fantastic knurls, I would have loved a slightly longer version (1-2 more knurls), but the Viper handle is also a very nice longer handle with fantastic knurling. I use it mostly for the Wunderbar.

The Outlaw is a loud, proud and aggressive razor. You hear it cutting. Its mild plate didn't exist when I bought it. The design is more classic than modern, no strong clamping over the whole length of the blade plus a rather large head provide ample audible feedback. Efficiency wise it is very good, but not quite up to my absolute favorites anymore.

I am looking forward to try/buy the upcoming Alpha Bandit hopefully soon. It will come with an OC plate, something that doesn't exist for the Outlaw, unfortunately. I hope that it will sell at a similar bargain price.
That’s a full grown razor for sure and the handle is fantastic!

Top Bottom