What's new

What made you happy today?

With all the woke, sexually deviate/alternative folks trying to force their way into TV ads in attempt to become 'mainstream', it was refreshing to hear a little girl narrating as the voice for a simple Carlsbad Caverns TV ad.

I am sick and woke up took some old meds from when we had the Rona. got me feeling good enough to get up and about. I decided to shave to feel some semblance of normal. I went for Stirling barbershop and my feather artist club. amazing, amazing shave! Not a single nick, cut, weeper to be had! I was on the final ATG portion of my neck, seriously 3 more little passes to make, and this made me happy. then my left elbow caught my cup I had with tea on the counter. it spooked me and up went my right hand... and the straight directly into the chin. blood was pouring before I even set the razor down. yeah I got myself good. I finished up the shave and tended to it. this one is likely going to leave a scar. some days a man can't win.

That scar could be beneficial in the future. Avoid saying "I cut myself shaving" when "I wrestled a Mountain Lion" would be more impressive.
Heal quickly!
one of the boys saw it and the first thing he said what did mom do to you?? I am not sure what ever gave him the impression we run around in knife fights together, or even fight in the first place. but mom was quick to inform it'd happen to him too if he didn't get squared away!:lol1:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
one of the boys saw it and the first thing he said what did mom do to you?? I am not sure what ever gave him the impression we run around in knife fights together, or even fight in the first place. but mom was quick to inform it'd happen to him too if he didn't get squared away!:lol1:
My son used to come running out of his room a lot, convinced that his mom and dad were fighting!

Shoot, good friends have done that if they drop by!

The fact is, we are almost ALWAYS on the same side of the subject! We both just get louder and LOUDER as we try to talk over one another to convince the other of the fact that we are smarter than they are!

LoL, poor kid didn't stand a chance with us for parents!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Got packages in the mail for an amp clamp to check for parasitic battery drain on my vehicles. Good news, no drain for my truck, but the little Civic has enough to cause the battery to drain over about the course of more than a week.
Also got a solar cell and charge controller to use as a trickle charger.
Also got my order from the Razorblades Club - the Carbon steel Durasharps did a BBS shave using a #160 Gooodwill.

Stumbled across a Doordash delivery for Schlotzky's, so an original sandwich is now on the way. Used to be a Schlotzkys across the street when I worked at Motorola in Mesa, and others when I'd visit Austin, TX to do project work. Another one across town from me closed up several years ago when their lease was up & the property owner turned it all into parking lot. The remaining one was on the other side of town & not cpnvenient, but apparently there's now another one closer that's doing the delivery. May not seem like a big deal, but it's been several years now & nobody else can duplicate the sourdough bun.
We spent 2 whole years with an intermittent battery drain..... we have great mechanics but since it was intermittent, they could never find it.... three tries...

Well, I waited until it was dying overnight.... took it in to them... we had already disconnected the alarm system but it turned out... it the GPS in the alarm system was running on another circuit.... that was it. A new battery... starts every time now.. has worked for a month or so with no issues.

Whew... that was soooo annoying.

My girlfriend and I are working on a garden in flower boxes on her balcony. Our blossoms are beginning to attract insects such as bees, bumblebees and butterflies. In Germany, many insect species have become rare - they use too many pesticides. One has to be thankful for a butterfly, even if it is "only" a cabbage butterfly.

Attachments

• P1120596.JPG
    P1120596.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
No tooth pain today.

My lower jaw is slightly swollen, but pain-free, after having a root canal in a bridge anchor tooth yesterday. After my dentist of many years retired, I had a discount chain redo the bridge 2 years ago. It sucks when you get old and doctors and dentists that you trust retire. The price was good, but you get what you pay for. I won't be making that mistake again. Luckily, I was able to find an older, experienced dentist in the area who was able to fit me in this week. I was dreading the cost of a new 4-tooth bridge, on top of a root canal, but he was able to drill through the bridge to get the nerve and infection out. He called the tooth gangrenous, but expects to save it. I haven't had a tooth infection that bad in 30 years, when it once happened to me on vacation out of State.

On a lighter note: an update on our house finches that nested in an artificial wreath that had hung on our front door. 3 of 4 babies survived. It only took 3 weeks from the time I first noticed the 4 eggs, until the 3 hatchlings left the nest. My wife and I enjoyed their visit, despite all the bird poo that was tossed out of the nest, and onto the wreath, front door and our door sill. We let them be until the babies left the nest, then tossed the wreath and scrubbed all the poo off front door and sill.

Having coffee on my balcony and enjoying a cool morning here in Music City. 60° at the moment. Not bad for late June. Getting hot later though.
I'm originally from Nashville. I understand how rare those late June cool mornings can be. ☕

On a more personal note, I'm STILL enjoying the happiness from last night. My daughter had submitted a story to a child's magazine that was selected for publication. Last night was the "release party". It was virtual, due to other selected child artists were from China, Australia, India, and other locations that were not feasable to travel in person. She got to hear Peter Reynolds, an author known to her, talk positively about her writing, and mention that he was going to share it with Kate DiCamillo. Kate is another author whom she has read almost all their work. It was a great evening. I was able to capture a huge smile on her face, and it's still warming my heart this morning as well.

Top Bottom