What's new

What made you happy today?

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
I'm originally from Nashville. I understand how rare those late June cool mornings can be. ☕

On a more personal note, I'm STILL enjoying the happiness from last night. My daughter had submitted a story to a child's magazine that was selected for publication. Last night was the "release party". It was virtual, due to other selected child artists were from China, Australia, India, and other locations that were not feasable to travel in person. She got to hear Peter Reynolds, an author known to her, talk positively about her writing, and mention that he was going to share it with Kate DiCamillo. Kate is another author whom she has read almost all their work. It was a great evening. I was able to capture a huge smile on her face, and it's still warming my heart this morning as well.
Congratulations all around, sir! That is indeed something special.

Spent this last week in backwoods VT with my R89, LaToja stick, RazoRock Talc bar, and small travel brush. Nice set up but it was a tough week in a beautiful setting.

Got back last night. This morning I showered and shaved with my Rocca, Shavemac brush, and TOBS Lemon and Lime cream. Nice close shave.

Good to be home.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
The girl whom I support in Cebu graduated from the local government junior high school top of her year yesterday. She has also been awarded a full scholarship to attend one of the best private senior high schools in Cebu.

signal-2022-07-02-13-28-08-041.jpg

Her life has not been easy, coming from a very poor family. I started paying for her school supplies when she was 9yo. At 12yo she was raped by a relative and got pregnant. Her son was born when she was 13yo and later her stepfather kicked her out of home.

I then rented a small one bedroom house in a squatter area for her and her son to live in. Since then, I have fully supported her both financially and emotionally.

I am just so proud of her. She is now 18yo, is raising a wonderful son (who starts school this month) and has achieved goals that I never expected her to achieve.

It's hard to type this as I am crying with happiness.

We spent 2 whole years with an intermittent battery drain..... we have great mechanics but since it was intermittent, they could never find it.... three tries...

Well, I waited until it was dying overnight.... took it in to them... we had already disconnected the alarm system but it turned out... it the GPS in the alarm system was running on another circuit.... that was it. A new battery... starts every time now.. has worked for a month or so with no issues.

Whew... that was soooo annoying.
I have a drain on my truck. leave her a day and a half and no start. maybe one turn over. besides that just starter clicks... or, nothing at all. I just disconnect the primary battery's negative term every day (it has 2 batteries). easier than chasing it down. I don't fool with electric. joys of driving late 90s dodges....

I had a crummy day at work. but off tomorrow n tuesday. everyone is hounding me for 4th of july plans. turning it all down. my butt is parking at this house after this weekend.

Logging into B&B and not having fireworks exploding all over my screen nonstop. I stayed off the site until today to avoid the annoying display. Life is so good, so go have some fun. Happy shaves.

The girl whom I support in Cebu graduated from the local government junior high school top of her year yesterday. She has also been awarded a full scholarship to attend one of the best private senior high schools in Cebu.

Her life has not been easy, coming from a very poor family. I started paying for her school supplies when she was 9yo. At 12yo she was raped by a relative and got pregnant. Her son was born when she was 13yo and later her stepfather kicked her out of home.

I then rented a small one bedroom house in a squatter area for her and her son to live in. Since then, I have fully supported her both financially and emotionally.

I am just so proud of her. She is now 18yo, is raising a wonderful son (who starts school this month) and has achieved goals that I never expected her to achieve.

It's hard to type this as I am crying with happiness.
Charity is the greatest gift one can bestow on another in need. I wish you all many blessings.

Mail Call:
I got a check for a quarterly dividend disbursement.
Got a box of parts back from replating at Backroads Gold, so I assembled my Goodwill with proper handle, an Old type replated in nickel, and a Common Bar handle. I didn't have azny plans for the handle, but ends up it does fit a New LC I've been using for several years. It has a handle with smaller fdiameter end that just happens to fit a New SC head I've had kicking around, unable to find the correct handle.
Got another box with a Gillette Senator that's in better condition than the seller pictures indicated - shaves great, too!

Top Bottom