What's new

What is your most efficient razor?

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
While my most efficient DE would probably be my Wunderbar, the most efficient razor in my den is most likely my Schick E3 Injector.

Gillette Old Type - I've used it to shave of a short beard and it doesn't get clogged like razors with a blade gap. The New Deluxe is very efficient as well, but can get a bit clogged.

For me, the Merkur 37c slant. You can't be sloppy or slipshod, of course, but it gives me a 2P and touchup BBS easily, without being in the least finicky about technique.

Mine would have to be a close tie between Gillette Old Type and PAA BOCS. I prefer the smoothness on the BOCS a bit more.

R

romsitsa

Hello,

Merkur Vision set at 2nd “I”, Ikon Tech, Yaqi Slant and Karve “G”.
Could I trouble you for a picture of custom Swing? Love Swing razors.

Cheers
John

Hello John, here it is. Thin head Swing plate with a thick Single ring cap and neck, knob was a Gillette "ball end" knob. Adjustable, two piece, silver plated.

IMG_3663.JPG IMG_3664.JPG IMG_3665.JPG

Adam

Interesting thread!!

For me super ‘efficient’ razors (read R41 and its ilk) are simply too much!! Been there, done that.

As a daily shaver, I go for comfort and closeness! To achieve that goal I go with multiple passes using a mild/moderate razor paired with a sharp (but not Feather sharp) blade. YMMV is certainly the rule!! :a29: :a29:

I have an Enoch as well, although I've never tried it with the Feather Super blades, just the Feather Pro and Schick Proline. With those blades it is equal in efficiency to my Rocca. I just got back from a two week trip where it was the razor I brought with me, and I shave daily. I had no issues with using it as a daily shaver, but you've piqued my interest in the Feather Super's. I'll pick up some and give it a try.
For some reason, the Feather Professionals just won't give me what I want. 2 passes and it's still leaving lots of stubble. Be careful with the Super. It's really sharp and aggressive. I just used one last night with my Razorock Hawk II. It will mow down whatever is in it's path. A good deal of attentiveness and NO pressure and it'll deliver.

Top Bottom