What's new

What is your most efficient razor?

Probably my Gillette Old style followed closely by my Gillette New... "Deluxe" I think it's called? It looks like an aggressive version of the flat-bottomed new-style.

The Old style (1905 first production year of the single ring I think) is essentially a horizontal shavette. It has some safety teeth in the form of a toothed comb, but there's no blade gap - it's just a blade resting on the safety teeth. I think they were possibly a bit generous in calling it a "safety" razor. Their idea of safety seems to have been: "You >>probably<< won't cut yourself deeply enough to open an artery." Lol...

My most efficient razor is the Wolfman Wr2 Dc 1.25/1.45 ... 1.45 is the perfect maximum efficiency for me. This blade gap combo is super smooth and super efficient. My RAD Killer.

Last edited:
Just so we're all talking about the same thing, to me efficiency is how closely a razor shaves compared to other razors with all other factors kept equal. In other words, same prep, same blade, same number of passes.

. . .
Seems to be my 1970s-era Hoffritz Slant. Though my NEW SC and '56 Red Tip come close.

Top Bottom