What's new

What is your most efficient razor?

Just so we're all talking about the same thing, to me efficiency is how closely a razor shaves compared to other razors with all other factors kept equal. In other words, same prep, same blade, same number of passes.

For me it's the Fatip Open Comb, Mk. 1. Unfortunately, I cannot shave daily with that razor without incurring irritation on my neck. Second place goes to the Merkur Futur, which I sold because I just didn't enjoy using it; it's just too large and ponderous. Third is the latest version of the Muhle Rocca. It's a pleasure to use, but I wish it were just a tad more efficient. The Game Changer .84 open comb and Fatip open comb Mk. 2 are tied for fourth place.

I guess I need to try a more aggressive DE to see any variation. I have a ball end tech, an E Jagger, and a Parker tto. They feel equally efficient to me if using the same blade.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
For me, the Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB and the Blackbird SB are ‘neck-in-neck’ in terms of efficiency.

Boy, that's tough. My Star 3 piece routinely gives me BBS with a good blade, as does the GC 84 and the Rockwell Model T. I also really like my British Aristocrat Junior.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Fatip Grande OC, Mk.2. It gives me a 12 hour BBS with any of my top 5 blades. The only razor that gives me a longer lasting BBS finish is my GEM MMOC.

That's really hard as I have several extremely efficient razors. Very difficult to name just one as the most efficient. Muhle R41, Blackland Blackbird SB, Dart and Sabre (Gem type SE), Timeless .95OC, Karve E OC, Razorock Jaws are all super efficient. Some more comfortable than others. I have one that is really too efficient, and I have to take a break from it for about a week, and that's the Occam's Enoch, using Feather Super Professional in it. All the above, I get a super clean shave with 2 passes and minor touchups. I rotate all of them, and all are superb in their efficiency. I get the longest lasting BBS shave with the Muhle R41 and Blackland Sabre. I can go into the 3rd day with barely stubble coming in.

I only have a small selection but the Timeless SS 0.68OC is my most efficient. It has just a touch of blade feel.

That's really hard as I have several extremely efficient razors. Very difficult to name just one as the most efficient. Muhle R41, Blackland Blackbird SB, Dart and Sabre (Gem type SE), Timeless .95OC, Karve E OC, Razorock Jaws are all super efficient. Some more comfortable than others. I have one that is really too efficient, and I have to take a break from it for about a week, and that's the Occam's Enoch, using Feather Super Professional in it. All the above, I get a super clean shave with 2 passes and minor touchups. I rotate all of them, and all are superb in their efficiency. I get the longest lasting BBS shave with the Muhle R41 and Blackland Sabre. I can go into the 3rd day with barely stubble coming in.
I have an Enoch as well, although I've never tried it with the Feather Super blades, just the Feather Pro and Schick Proline. With those blades it is equal in efficiency to my Rocca. I just got back from a two week trip where it was the razor I brought with me, and I shave daily. I had no issues with using it as a daily shaver, but you've piqued my interest in the Feather Super's. I'll pick up some and give it a try.

Used to be the BOCS. I'd say it's my Fine Superlite Slant. If you ever use one, you'll see why. Near BBS on a one pass wtg, no irritation.

It might be my Blackland Dart. I tend to prefer mid-aggressive razors, so I had to learn to tame it, but once I did, every shave was incredible close.

Ikon Shavecraft Tech. It’s not the smoothest in my den but, boy howdy, that thing is efficient. Honorable mentions to Le Coq caged comb, R41 2011, Timeless bronze .78 open comb, ATT H2, PAA DOC Evo in stainless and Blackbird.

Well I also am a big fan of the Muhle Rocca but if you want a razor a notch or two more efficient then try the Tatara Nodachi razor.
I know very little about these razors. I just looked at their website. What is the difference between the Tatara and the Masamune?

My most efficient in my den would be my Wolfman WR2 1.45 Ti for DE and Asylum Rx for SE. I can use the WR2 daily if I have much to shave without irritation the Rx needs a day off between shaves

Top Bottom