What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

20210728_083305.jpg

Razor: Schick N1 Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum injector blade
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Fine American Blend
Aftershave: Maurer and Wirtz 4711
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating Ten.

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Hawkins and Brimble Face Wash
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-shave Oil
- D.R. Harris Sandalwood cream (sample)

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Stirling Tea Tree, Witch Hazel & Aloe
- Hylamide Skin Serums
- Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

Tools
- FaTip Piccolo Gentile
- Shark Super Chrome (4)
- Zulfix No. 28

Shave Rating: 7.5/10
Just a single pass today, and I think the Shark SC peaked on shave 3! Not the closest of shaves and starting to feel some tug from it so time to move on and try another blade out.
It was also my first shave with D.R. Harris Sandalwood cream, performance is the same solid performance you get from other D.R. Harris creams but the scent was too muted for me. I find Sandalwood is either a hit or miss for me, and this one is a miss purely on scent strength which is a shame as I like the performance I get from D.R. Harris soap and was planning on buying another puck if I liked this scent.
It was also the first shave with the smallest boar in my collection and I was pleasant surprised! I haven't done a lot of the usual boar break-in techniques I've used in the past for other brushes but this one already feels like it's quite soft. Backbone is ok, not overly firm but not what I would call floppy and it lathered up the D.R. Harris cream quite quickly. I'm thinking this could become my designated brush for trying samples as my bigger boars devour most samples before I can decided if I like them or not :lol:

Today's shave

Preshave: From Slock’s mad scientist lab Slock’s universal, certified soon to be internationally famous proprietary shaving oil blend.
Razor: Gillette Slim (6)
Blade: GSB

Soap: Stirling Coconut Lime
Brush: Stirling Finest Badger
Balm Stirling unscented balm
Aftershave: Stirling Deep Blue Sea

BBS

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
shave 20210729_180402_2.jpg

Razor: Karve Brass Widebody SB-G
Blade: Personna Israeli Platinum Red (5 and Retired)
Brush: Zenith S10 26mm Synthetic
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Cella Extra Extra Bio
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Bootlegger's Green Freeze

Superb shave! :cool:

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

tempImageqdCuRC.jpg

Brush: PAA Starcraft
Lather: Stirling Coconut Lime
Blade: Schick Proline (2)
Razor: Blackland Vector
Balm: Nivea Cooling

The Proline on its second use was wonderful. I chased BBS today and nearly got it uniformly. No blood, but if I have to nitpick, I may have had the slightest bit of irritation from the extra touchups. Great shave though. Rating: 9.4/10.

Fri 30 SR SOTD
Soap Cukur May Chang & Basil (Cukur means Shave)
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Dorko Solingen Near Wedge 3rd Use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + HA + Clubman Gents Gin
1st use of this locally made soft soap. The scent is what I like most...herbs? flowers? Just very clean & aromatic scent. The lather was great too...creamy and slick enough. Absolutely enjoyed this soft soap...there's more to come according to the supplier.
This is the razor's 3rd shave on a jnat edge and somehow it felt much better. It was abit more efficient too. 3+1passes for a ccs to sas result and no weepers nor irritation. Enjoyable SR session top-off by some excellent aftershaves. Rating 9.6/10!
20210730_104957.jpg

Prep : Warm Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Parker SRB Shavette
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Indian Half Blade (D1)
Brush: Omega 31064 Boar
Soap: Temptation Shaving Soap
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + FA Speedster AS Lotion
Rating : 9.84/10 :pipe:

Close and buttery smooth BBS in 3 passes ! :001_wub:

30 July 2021
20210730_060722.jpg

Prep:
Old Spice Bar soap
Razor:
WCS 84S
Soap:
Razorock Saturnia --Italy Until I use it up (tap water)
Brushes:
Gray Dog--Ohio
Blade:
Astra SP—St. Petersburg Russia? Shave #3
Passes:
WTG and ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, f/b Witch Hazel f/b Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Jeris Musk for Men—USA
Rating(s):
9.7 DFS+
Comments:
Again, no significant stubble, new nicks or weepers. Still working on shaving over old scabs.

D5A02EE4-18B7-4CD9-96B1-C9C9F1B69E6F.jpeg

Razor: GEM MMOC
Blade: GEM PTFE (7)
Brush: Omega Jade
Soap: Electric Pineapple
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

Good morning! Face lathered with the Omega Jade, which is starting to soften up a little. Beginning to see split hairs along the outside edge. Opted for an almost runny very slick lather which worked very well. The MMOC and GEM blade were sharp and smooth. No difficulty maintaining the right angle. Out of the three I have, I think this is my favorite GEM razor. Mostly BBS. Finished with Clubman.

9.5/10

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Cremo Shave Cream Bourbon Vanilla scent (Brushless - applied by hand.)
Soap: Barberry Coast Bay Rum Shave Cream
Brush: Semogue Pharos synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS SB .72
Blade: Sharp Titanium (1)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Stirling Bay Rum-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger face tonic
AS: PAA Captain Smythe's Bay Rum & Leather splash

Excellent shave! DFS/BBS with no injuries or blood. I purposely went from a Gillette Silver Blue after four uses to a Sharp Titanium in order to make a direct comparison of these two blades. Drumroll please...I actually like the Sharp Titanium better. The Sharp Titanium seems to provide a tad more blade feel...not much really...but just enough to hit my sweet spot for blade feel. And the sharpness and smoothness are top notch, certainly right up there with the GSB for my taste. Will see what I think tomorrow and the next couple of days. I know from my first outing with the Sharp blade that it has longevity, so four or five shaves is not out of the question for it. Sharp Titanium is now the leader of my pack.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

Kit 20210730.jpg

9.5/10
Very nice shave today with a new soap from an artisan I've never used. The soap performed very well and smelled amazing, as did the splash. Nice amount of menthol, too. The razor and blade worked very well together. Resulted in a perfectly BBS face with some stinging from the alum block.

-Rex ambassador (setting 6, 6, 3, and 1 for pick ups)
-Vintage Polsilver (1st)
-Capt choice copper bowl
-Grizzly bay badger

-PAA ice cube
-Master soap creations Peppermint latte soap and splash
-PAA Mentholated mysterium serum
proxy.php

Fayiz D.

Shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
GFT Sandalwood Cream
Brush
Paladin PK 47
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR 2 SB 1.05
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Neutrogena Triple Protect
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
Going back to the Wolfman today: loaded with a Personna Lab blade for the 4th shave. The Wolf/Lab combo made for a nice, smooth shave. The Paladin did a nice job of making lather. The GFT soap is quite good. I can always count on it to make enough lather for a four-pass face and two-pass head shave. Have a good weekend, guys.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Friday, July 30th 2021

Razor: TNNSER 3D printed @twhite creation- Mfg 2020, excellent mid range, very light, nice feel in the hand, interesting design.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(6) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Razorock XXX, nice fresh scent +excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm 2 band badger, nice brush if you like larger knots, excellent lather generator, pillow soft tips, nice scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm + 2 drops of HA.
Results: 9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS +no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my TNNSER + a Gem coated blade.

Brush collage July 30th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom