What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Sat 31 SOTD with an Unobtanium Blade
Soap Stirling Haverford
Brush Spiffo 28mm Manchurian
Razor Gillette Empire Goodwill
Blade Vintage Polsilver Super Stainless 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + HA + Stirling Haverford Balm
Just awesome the scent from this soap! Really aromatic with a creamy and slick lather. The brush is amazingly soft...perfect for face lathering...
The shave with these 2 vintage combinations of razor & blade was very very good. Can feel the edge was crisp but soft & smooth so it was very comfortable 3passes for a dolphin smooth finish. Excellent blade indeed! The aftershaves were excellent too especially with the matching AS balm! Rating 10/10!
20210731_125323.jpg

Saturday morning.

Modified Gold Dollar 66 No.2 "Eccentric Tendency" : 6/8 barbers notch straight razor
Semogue 610 (black handle) boar brush
Razorock "Black Bay" soap
Antonio Puig "Quorum" aftershave

My second attempt at modifying a GD66 (the first is in the circulation, and will be along here at some point). I got rid of the stabiliser, made a barber's notch, gave it a bit of a polish and stuck it in some 3mm transparent grey acrylic scales with asymmetrically located pins and as many angles as I thought I could reasonably pull off. Suppose I'd better show you what that looks like :

2021a.jpg

It shaves nicely. I might tighten up the pivot pin a bit, but it's not too floppy and handles better (personal biased opinion, I know) than a standard GD66.

I'm a big fan of the "Black Bay" soap, though it always takes me a second or two to reconcile with the "pot of mushy peas" look. Pale green lather - what more could you want? The Semogue seems to like it too, and Quorum aftershave is in the right area for smell.

I'll call it a "9", but I'm rounding down.

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Hawkins and Brimble Face Wash
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-shave Oil
- D.R. Harris Sandalwood cream (sample)

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Stirling Tea Tree, Witch Hazel & Aloe
- Hylamide Skin Serums
- Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

Tools
- FaTip Piccolo Gentile
- Shark Platinum (1)
- Zulfix No. 28

Shave Rating: 8/10
First shave with a Shark Platinum today and it felt very similar to the Shark Super Chrome I've just finished using. It feels smooth and sharp enough but not the sharpest of blades.
Second shave with this cream sample as well and again, I'm not picking up much scent from it, especially from the lather.
Overall an ok shave, no irritation or Alum feedback but it could have been closer.

700ACB9F-F015-43F0-8114-4803E7D1495B.jpeg

Razor: Razorock Lupo 95
Blade: Wizamet (4)
Brush: Sea Glass / PAA Nexus
Soap: Electric Pineapple
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

Good morning! I really enjoyed the soap / AS from yesterday, so decided to do a repeat. Electric Pineapple is a mash up of Iced Pineapple and Electric Sheep I did to bring the menthol down a notch, and the resulting lather is really nice. Almost all the Pineapple scent, some of the slickness of the Sheep, a little less menthol. Face lathered with my Sea Glass brush, super soft, makes lots of lather with minimal effort. The Wizamet performed wonderfully. I liked them before, but have found a new appreciation these past few shaves. DFS+ Finished with Clubman.

10/10

31 July 2021
20210731_061144.jpg

Prep:
Old Spice Bar soap
Razor:
WCS 84S
Soap:
Razorock Saturnia --Italy Until I use it up (tap water)
Brushes:
Omega—11126—Italy
Blade:
Astra SP—St. Petersburg Russia? Shave #4 (and out)
Passes:
WTG and ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, f/b Witch Hazel f/b Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Jeris Musk for Men—USA
Rating(s):
8.5 CCS
Comments:
A dull blade left stubble, but no new nicks or weepers.

Full Olympic Mode

German Bolzano is running the Marathon, on its 12th shave. It took the Silver. The Marathon ends after tomorrow’s shave, when the blade will be put to rest.

Gillette Brazilian Goodwill took the Gold

Semogue 1800 tried lathering the Fjellheim cream, didn’t meet the Olympic standards and was replaced by the Trafalga T2, which took the Bronze.

The Fjellheim cream came in last, after clearing the anti-doping test: no performance enhancers whatsoever.

After yesterday’s dismal performance, I decided to give the cream a second chance to confirm my initial impressions. No, it’s not for me.

Overall - 5

25B28DC9-CC1C-45F0-BA40-5777EF320060.jpeg

My usual Slant Saturday shave today --

Vintage Hoffritz Slant/Personna Lab Blue blade (3)

Proraso Green cream in the tube

AP Shave Co. synthetic brush

Pre-shower, some Lilac Vegetal aftershave; post-shower, Assured lotion, Proraso Green AS, Clubman powder

No workout today. Cool water wash with Dial soap, then rinse with cool tap water charged with baking soda for slipperiness. Face-lathering with the Proraso Green cream preceded pass 1, WTG. Pass 2, throat only, ATG with skin-stretching; pass 3, really just a cleanup pass, XTG with skin-stretching. As usual with my slants, I wound up super-smooth and clean, no irritation or nicks. Lilac Vegetal was my splash before the shower (still not sure if I like the initial scent of it), then Proraso Green and powder afterward.

Verdict: 9.8!

10/10
First go with the meta4. What an excellent razor. Medium aggressive with just enough blade feel. Very smooth.

-PAA Meta4
-Vintage Polsilver (2nd)
-PAA Switchback with 26mm gelled shoat boar
-Capt choice copper bowl
-PAA Ice cube
-PAA Fresco soap and splash
-PAA mentholated mysterium serum
proxy.php
proxy.php

Fayiz D.

Shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Coconut, Tallow Formula
Brush
Maggards 28mm Syn
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Merkur 37C
Blade
Lord SC
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10.
Comments
A beautiful day today. An early A.M. shave with the 37C. The Maggards SYN is a large brush. Surprisingly since it has the Plisson Cade knot, it has sufficient backbone to load the soap and make a nice lather. A four-pass head shave and two-pass head shave and I am on my way to my Saturday Men’s Bible Study. Have a great day, folks.

Razor: Karve, Plate E, SB
Blade: Voskhod Teflon (2)
Brush: WCS Black Synth, 26mm
Bowl: Fine Lather Bowl

Lather: Wholly Kaw Sandhurst Shaving Soap

WCS No1 Gatsby After Shave Splash

An excellent experience. The soap made a great lather as usual and the brush seemed like a perfect match. I can say the same for the razor and blade. After cleaning up and applying my aftershaves I noticed a tiny slit about 3 cm to the side of the chin. I didn't feel it and blood didn't even make it to the surface. I don't know if there is a special name for this. I'm docking .5 for it.
BBS all over. 9.5
Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

View attachment 1304201
Razor: Schick L7 Championship Razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Botanica
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating Ten. Great shave, as good as it gets!
I like the cool razor.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Cremo Shave Cream Bourbon Vanilla scent (Brushless - applied by hand.)
Soap: TOBS Grapefruit Shave Cream
Brush: PAA Solar Flare synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS SB .72
Blade: Sharp Titanium (2)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Lemon-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger face tonic
AS: Murray and Lanman Florida Water

Great shave. DFS/BBS...no blood. Second shave with the Sharp Titanium...all good. Plenty of life left in the blade. TOBS never disappoints me. Decided to keep it on a light citrusy note today.

Happy Shaves, Everyone! Have a great weekend.

Kit 20210731.jpg

Razor: Ever-Ready 1924 “Shovelhead” (Good Shirts)
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (6)
Brush: Dscosmetic - Galaxy Synthetic Flat Top 26mm
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: St James of London - Sandalwood & Bergamot
Aftershave: Henri et Victoria - Cognac & Cuban Cigars (Splash)
11CC5190-6AF6-48B5-A918-F7BCA71F22DA.jpeg

Shave Rating: 10/10
Nothing like a new shirt and a fresh shave
Today’s shave was a nice break after setting aside my honing stones for a bit. St. James cream did a nice lathering job with its delicate bergamot scent. I really can’t smell any sandalwood, but what I do smell is pleasant.
You can always depend on a Shovelhead to give you a good close shave, though that hollow metallic audio feedback always throws me off at first.
Nice close shave. ✅
New yellow shirt. ✅ (linen Tommy Bahama)
Smelling great…. ✅
Feeling great……. ✅

Razor: Ever-Ready 1924 “Shovelhead” (Good Shirts)
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (6)
Brush: Dscosmetic - Galaxy Synthetic Flat Top 26mm
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: St James of London - Sandalwood & Bergamot
Aftershave: Henri et Victoria - Cognac & Cuban Cigars (Splash)
View attachment 1304587
Shave Rating: 10/10
Nothing like a new shirt and a fresh shave
Today’s shave was a nice break after setting aside my honing stones for a bit. St. James cream did a nice lathering job with its delicate bergamot scent. I really can’t smell any sandalwood, but what I do smell is pleasant.
You can always depend on a Shovelhead to give you a good close shave, though that hollow metallic audio feedback always throws me off at first.
Nice close shave. ✅
New yellow shirt. ✅ (linen Tommy Bahama)
Smelling great…. ✅
Feeling great……. ✅

interesting one there ouchy !!!!! haven't seen one like that before.

camo

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: OneBlade Genesis V2
Blade: GEM PTFE (Desplined only) (5)
Soap: Stirling Baker Street
Bowl: Blue Stirling Bowl
Brush: Simpson's Persian Jar PJ3 Best Badger
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Alum Stick, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 3 pass BBS shave. No weepers, cuts or irritation. Again needed two touch ups on neck, no ill effects. Have received 2 1/2 times the shaves on the GEM compared to the Feather FHS-10. Test continues!

Top Bottom