What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Razor: Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 SS, Knurled
Blade: Wilkinson-Gillette (1)
Brush: SOC Boar,24mm

Pre: Pears Transparent Soap

Lather: ARKO Stick

Hattric Classic After Shave Splash

My first pass the Lather was not that great but good enough to Shave with. The second and third passes the Lather was excellent.
The Blade performance was good but mild which was why I chose it. BBS on all except the bottom line of the neck where I didn't ATG. No nicks or weepers or razor burn.
Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Wow wow wow. 9.7. Full beard and head shave with the Dart-Vib'Raz/BIC. The additional exposure with the Dart plate doesn't compromise shave comfort a wit. It does get me to a two+ pass BBS I associate strictly with my injector or SE razors and the twin blade Shake Sharp. Although you can shave well without fully engaging the rollers, when engaged you can still apply pressure that maintains consistent skin contact. Just extraordinary.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: OneBlade Genesis V2
Blade: GEM PTFE (Desplined only) (4)
Soap: Stirling Varen
Bowl: Blue Stirling Bowl
Brush: Zenith 506A Manchurian Badger
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Alum Stick, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 3 pass BBS shave. No weepers, cuts or irritation. I did two touch ups on my neck again today with no ill effects. Liking this combo of a GEM blade in the Genesis. So far more shaves than I get on a Feather FHS-10 blade. My test will continue.

Thursday mid-morning shave, two-pass, plus some clean up under my jawline- verdict: 9/10, DFS-, no irritation, one small weeper under my chin. Picked up the Feather SR today, simply a delightful razor:

Pre-shave: shower and sample WSP Tobacco soap
Razors: Feather AC SR- the SR may be Feather's best AC effort yet
Feather Pro AC (5)- still sharp, yet I could feel just a bit of scrape, as opposed to a clean cut
Brush: Simpson Special in Pure- not bad, softening up some; it's just a bit small and holds just enough lather for a two-pass shave, but not more; I was curious to see what the entry-level Simpson could do
Soap: Canada Shave Soap unscented- this soap is really a great hard soap, nice lather, slickness, cushion, and was a great purchase, from the picture you can see how little soap I've consumed from this puck; if I keep using small brushes the puck will last for hundreds of work time shaves
Post-shave: cold rinse, Sanborn's Orange Blossom splash, nice bit of burn this morning

Have some great shaves gents!

View attachment 1303784

I really want WSP Tobacco soap! Cool

Lupo.95,GWS(1)PAA ice cube just got it so thought i'd try it out really nice,Tabac,Simpsons Duke2,Thayers,Prorasso aftershave,Nivea sensitive,Prorasso green pre/post.Another fantastic shave with the Lupo no cuts,weepers or irritation.Really love the halo handle with this razor makes it that bit lighter.That's as good as it's ever been for me an easy BBS 10/10 Take care happy shaves everyone.
20210730_160227[1].jpg

Expectations, expectations, expectations...

After an unusually long wait, I received the Fitjar Islands Fjellheim cream sample from G&C.

Well, my expectations were not fulfilled. Didn’t find it particularly slick and was not impressed by the post shave feel either.

Gillette Brazilian Goodwill (“what else?!”)

German made Bolzano blade on its 11th shave. I had very little stubble growth, the blade was already in the razor, I was watching the women’s olympic soccer match on my cell phone... so why not go for it?! Perfectly acceptable.

Trafalgar T2, aka “The Dented”.

Overall - 6, because of the cream.

7B34583D-0C21-470D-B1A8-B2780DA1986B.jpeg

20210730_170134.jpg

SOTD

Carbon cx titanium ++ plate
Gillette rubie blade (2)
The club (a+e) Pedro Fiasco set
Alpha evergoose synthetic brush
Captains choice copper shaving bowl

Really superb shave with the carbon. The rubie paired really nicely.

1st use of the Pedro Fiasco set. Performance is superb but not certain on the scent profile. Smelt great when I got it. On lathering however I'm really not sure what to make it.

However on Performance and post shave feel I score it a 9.5/10.

Soap: Arko
Razor: Le Grelot 6/8
Brush: Beagle
Aftershave: Witch Hazel / Osage Rub

Reset the bevel yesterday for the first time on this razor. The last person that honed it used tape and I was getting a little sick of having to use tape when refreshing the edge, so now I don't have to do that anymore.

Ended up getting 1 weeper on the third pass but tried to push it a little bit. Great shave otherwise.

9/10

20210415_083503.jpg

Razor: Schick L7 Championship Razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Botanica
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating Ten. Great shave, as good as it gets!

Ab Fab Friday morning shave, two-pass, plus some clean up, 10/10, BBS, no irritation, no weepers, simply great:

Pre-shave: shower with sample WSP Lavender soap, I'm about finished with these samples I picked up when I visited WSP; next time in Arizona I'll stop there again and buy a couple
Razors: Occam's Razor- two-dot head- great shave today, as most days
Blade: Feather Pro AC (3)- just right- still sharp and super smooth
Brush: Omega Jade Boar- this brush just makes all my soaps jump to life, producing copious lather; the brush is now so very soft it's truly a delight; it's as soft as most of my badgers if given a good 10 minute soak before using
Soap: Musgo Real Classic- I keep this green soap in the green salsa bowl and it whips up a wonderful lather- slick and protective; I do let the lather sit on my face for a few minutes before shaving, which seems to bring out its best qualities
Post-shave: cold rinse, Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum mixed in hand with a little Superior 70 Bay Rum- great feel and combo

Have a wonderful weekend!

PXL_20210730_174852548.jpg

Razor Wolfman WR2 1.15 SB
Blade Polsilver Stainless
Brush WCS 24mm Silvertip
Soap Tabac
Toner Lucky Tiger
AS Pinaud Clubman

Rating 9/10 BBS

A very close shave today. The blade felt smooth while shaving but two weepers, the Alum block and the aftershave tells me it wasn't gentle as I like. I don't fault the blade. I am still new to this razor and it is more efficient than I am used to. It slices everything that gets in it's way and that includes the bump and skin tag today. On a side note since I began using the alum block my face gets less oily and the number of bumps are declining. Tomorrow same shave but with Wizamet blade.

Wolf Tabac.jpg

tempImagetAuvwm.jpg

Brush: PAA Green Ray -- super soft and lathered up wonderfully
Lather: Stirling Spice -- another very good lather from this sample
Blade: Schick Proline (3) -- another great shave on this blade
Razor: Blackland Vector SB -- never lets me down
Balm: Duke Cannon Ice Cold

Another very comfortable, blood-free shave today with some enjoyable kit. Just DFS results today, since I took it easy with the ATG pass. Rating: 9.4/10.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Top Bottom