What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

Great soap and sharper blades make a real difference. Shaved with St. Charles Shave Soap obtained from The Second Passaround Box. Also used a Gillette 7:00 Yellow blade (in my Gillette Slim) for the first time. Close shave with virtually no irritation.

If I take my time with my new fat boy it won't bite my face nearly as much. I h have shaved twice with it and the first time was nearly my last lol.

Pre shave oil gets a LOT of bad press, which I used to emphathize with until I used it correctly.

A foaming cleanser, followed by shaving oil applied before/during a hot shower (allowing enough time to sink in the skin) is a wonderful prep. I top that with a pre lather that sits on my face while I strop my razor.

Applied underneath a face lathering is actually terrible. The lather is good but the brush suffers.

I learned that I SHOULD NOT wait so long between using Cella.

What a NICE product!!!!!

proxy.php

I learned that if I really go for a BBS on my neck during a slow, non-rushed weekend shave, I will still look like I took a random orbital sander to it.

Derby blades (though they have a loose fit in most of my tools, had to use a TTO today to compensate) not as terrible as I thought (though 1 shave in)... can it last all the way to a 3rd day? Could be my short trip travel combo...

That a cheap cart (Personna Caliber 3) works better than a Fusion for me. Not willing to give up DEs ever but now I have a great travel razor that won't break the bank.

Don't know yet. Could be a couple things.
Either, I don't like my 68 British Knack
Or a quick 2 Pass(XTG/ATG) +touch-ups shave is not for me.

Take an extra 60 second spin in your shave bowl... It really make the difference in lather production...

MWF really exploded into a rich creamy lather using a badger brush and longer load time. Face lathering. Made me excited to use it again.

There is a fine line between a lather that is too dry and one that is just right. Even just one or two drops of water from the fingertips can get you into that sweet spot. It takes trial and error to successfully find this balance every time.

Top Bottom