What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

M

mtcn77

Lesson Learned: Proraso Single Blade is a great cream, but not without exceptions. I need to readjust the water-ratio between 1st and 2nd passes to increase slickness, but not before to avoid collapsing the lather.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I learned my piggy brush (Ω10048) holds all the water I need for a well hydrated lather if I don’t squeeze/shake the brush prior to loading for the first pass. Dipping the brush into the run-off of the soap dish keeps subsequent uses for being too watered down.

These forums provide camaraderie, some fun and a great exchange of knowledge. Over time we come to know which members have preferences similar to our own and which don’t. For a YMMV hobby being a good or superior product does not make it the right product for everyone. A member that chases ultra efficient and often aggressive razors may be very knowledgeable but since my taste runs more to a medium style, their reviews are not always relevant to me. An Ikon Tech or Mühle R41 (older version) are not on my radar and their fans are not as relevant as a Timeless (not bronze 0.78 or slim) or midgap Wolfman 0.74 WR1 or 1.15 WR2 user is for me.

To that end, The recent comparison thread between current an vintage Astra SS blades proved interesting. A member who has similar blade preferences to me received outstanding shaves averaging over 9 on a 10 point scale through the life of the current Astra SS. While I need more blades like a fat man needs an extra dessert, I bought 100 Astra SS blades at a good price.

It may take a few more shaves but this looks like it will become one of my top blades if not number 1.

Thanks to all for their observations. I appreciate them.

Top Bottom