What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

Somewhere along the way I got to the point where I was adding too much water while lathering. The last few shaves, I've dialed it back some and gotten much slicker lather. This is probably a good discovery as I am about to give an SE-2 a shot. My first single edge, I hear it is one that can bite.

Somewhere along the way I got to the point where I was adding too much water while lathering. The last few shaves, I've dialed it back some and gotten much slicker lather. This is probably a good discovery as I am about to give an SE-2 a shot. My first single edge, I hear it is one that can bite.
I've been thinking the same thing, with a nice slick lather, it's like the razor "sticks" to your face, it doesn't chatter or anything like that, I gotta not be afraid to use more soap if I need it!

I've been thinking the same thing, with a nice slick lather, it's like the razor "sticks" to your face, it doesn't chatter or anything like that, I gotta not be afraid to use more soap if I need it!
Before dialing back the water content, my lather wasn't bad. It wasn't runny or anything like that. In fact, it was big and fluffy. What I am getting now is shiny and smooth like pudding. I didn't make a big adjustment, just a little bit less water.

That I really like Nacet blades!
Used one for the first time the last seven days and got just super close, comfortable shaves.
And what is said about them being sharp blades got me is all true - awesome sharp!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

That I really like Nacet blades!
Used one for the first time the last seven days and got just super close, comfortable shaves.
And what is said about them being sharp blades got me is all true - awesome sharp!

I love them. I'm pretty much down to four brands/models of DE blades: Nacets, GSB, Feather, and Astra SP. That is probably how I'd rank them, too. I have some others that I can use, but as good as those four are, why should I bother?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
As the years go by I can pick up any SE or DE razor and with in a few swipes can zero in on correct angle by audio feed back and just feeling area I tested on and the rest of the shave usually is excellent. Experience and patience can be rewarding for who wants a great shave!

Glad I only bought a sample of Noble Otter soap and not a full tub.

Lathers up nicely at first but then completely falls apart.

Maybe I got a sample from a bad batch?? Something is definitely not right.

That I actually get a real nice, close shave with just two passes.
So, it looks like that will be my drill for the work week.
Three passes for the weekend though!

Even after my extended dalliance with cartridges, I haven't completely lost my technique with DEs, although I got a very slight touch of razor burn from my Tech loaded with a Feather. Great shave overall, though.

Top Bottom