What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

My face is really smooth after not shaving for a couple days :D

Also, I may need to use one of the more aggressive razors for longer facial hair, the Parker 24C pulled quite a bit, ouch! Other than that, it was an alright shave.

It's very easy to accidentally change the setting on a QShave Futur clone in the middle of a pass, typically to a higher setting.
:detective: I'm inspecting it more frequently now, especially since I'm using a Feather in it.

The safest way to adjust it is to lay the long side of the head on the sink edge or counter top, handle horizontal, setting marker side up, and turn the handle. This is a one-handed process.

Tabac is difficult to dry load (lather) when there's only a tiny bit of puck left; and it's not worth shaving with the tiny bit you can load into the brush.

Better to wet it a little before loading a puck that small.

Don’t rush too much, even/especially if you are pressed for time! This AM I had my first weeper in weeks because I forgot this lesson!

Don't exert pressure even when you use a blade that isn't very sharp. I used a Derby Extra DE blade and got some razor burn around my neck. Thank heavens for mentholated aftershave balm!

After 3 passes, I can do ATG cleanups on nothing but residual slickness. But if I want a 100% irritation-free shave, which I do, I should re-lather for every stroke.

Irritation-free lasts all day. It's just a few more swipes of the brush.

My purchase of a used Mamba 70 was a great idea. 5 awesome shaves later my irritation is improving. It's easy and comfortable to use. I like the handle unlike a lot of reviews. I'm even considering not buying the Karve!

After finishing my Cella, I decided to switch it up a little with Vito’s instead of replacing the Cella. The Vito’s loads very quickly and has now been excellent for face lathering in my Rudy Vey/Shavemac 2 band and my Semogue 620. The lather appears to be a little thinner but the results have been great in the first two uses. The scent is much less than the Cella but I think overall I will be very happy. It will be a while before I have to choose between Cella and Vito’s but it looks like either will be a good future choice.

Something is off. I'm using tried and true prep, lather, equipment, and technique, but my face is still getting beaten up something fierce. I think I have to dial it back a bit until I figure out what's going on. Shaving: there's always something new to learn or practice.

Top Bottom