What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

I think it's the thick top cap on the Rockwell 6s that makes it hard to get those pesky whiskers at the edge of my nostrils.

No problem with my other razors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That I still am sometimes not putting enough water into my soap, or leaving enough in my brush. The shave this morning with Phoenix Atmotic soap turned out well, but the lather was pastier than I like, with some of it clinging to the razor after each pass. I massaged more water into the lather on my face, which improved things. Lesson: Leave more water in the brush!

New to me... Pay attention to your facial hair growth pattern. Changed the way I executed my XTG and ATG passes on my neck and the sensitivity issues are gone!

Had my first shave with a Feather blade. Being comfortable (haven't mastered it) with the razor (RR Mamba) and the soap (PdP 63), made it a less daunting experience. Actually went very well, not a single weeper or hot spot. It'll be interesting to see how shave 2 goes, as iirc Feathers fall off fast. As of now still prefer my GSBs and old Astra SPs.

I've learned to first give aftershave balm some time to penetrate my skin, then wipe off the excess with a tissue. It leaves my face moisturized, but not greasy to the touch.

First shave with an adjustable taught me that starting in the middle (5 of 9) was a great idea. Excellent shave tonight, with the least amount of irritation yet!

Not every blade is a good match with every razor. I paired a Feather Hi-Stainless with my WR1 yesterday with poor results (nick, weepers etc). I had to stop after two passes to save face (pun intended). Today, paired same WR1 with an Astra SP and a 3 pass BBS result.

Life is good. Make the most of it today everyone!!

Even though I'm a Noob, for the last two shaves I tried a different blade for sport (GSB rather than Feather in my AS-D2). I learned that my shave-to-shave variance (even my pass-to-pass variance) is bigger than whatever difference there is between blades at my low level of skill (26th wet shave).

Top Bottom