What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

That after yesterday's fiasco with an Astra blade ×6. I learned my Timeless Ti and a new Feather blade is my ticket to a 2 pass DFS irritation free shave. Astras work great in my other razors but not near as smooth in the Timeless. Lesson learned.

That my lower lip is my weak spot when it comes to nicks. I stretch it the best I can and make light passes, but yesterday morning and again today I drew a tiny spot of blood. I need to settle for one light pass and let it go.

I think whether a newbie or an experienced shaver, you should always learn something from every shave, no matter what it is.

So, I guess i'll start.

Today I learned not to get greedy looking for a BBS shave, and that a 2 pass with clean ups is enough for a DFS.
My shave this morning I learned using a mild razor is a good thing, when I always thought only aggressive razors are for me.

I was strongly reminded, this week, what a difference a shaving soap can make in the quality of our shaves.

I'd recently bought some of RazoRock's offerings. They smell wonderful (Italians maestros make their scents), they lather quickly, they make a beautiful looking, thick lather on your face, but alas, they lack slickness. I used them for several days in a row, and each time that I followed with an aftershave, the sting was awful, not pleasurable. (Some guys like to use alum for the same litmus-test.)

So after four or five irritating shaves with RR soaps, I used a Stirling (tallow) soap this evening. When I applied the AS, I got little sting.

I was strongly reminded, this week, what a difference a shaving soap can make in the quality of our shaves.

I'd recently bought some of RazoRock's offerings. They smell wonderful (Italians maestros make their scents), they lather quickly, they make a beautiful looking, thick lather on your face, but alas, they lack slickness. I used them for several days in a row, and each time that I followed with an aftershave, the sting was awful, not pleasurable. (Some guys like to use alum for the same litmus-test.)

So after four or five irritating shaves with RR soaps, I used a Stirling (tallow) soap this evening. When I applied the AS, I got little sting.
I have been using rubbing alcohol for my after shave, it's not aftershave, but it works

That my lower lip is my weak spot when it comes to nicks. I stretch it the best I can and make light passes, but yesterday morning and again today I drew a tiny spot of blood. I need to settle for one light pass and let it go.
The key point here would be really that stretching; you should try avoiding it, IMHO

Inviato dal mio MotoG3 utilizzando Tapatalk

I've learned not to forget that in my case Derby blade has two shaves' limit. Better yet, single shave - to be on a safe side.

That I should just do a 2 pass shave, WTG XTG and call it quits unless I've time to take it slow. Got a CCS today that way, and really that's good enough.

That by using a shavette I'm shaving beyond my means.

I stopped when I achieved my fourth cut on the first pass and ended shaving with the Ikon 102, guess I gotta watch some videos and read some posts on the matter. [emoji29]

J, we'd be interested to know how many uses you get from the various types.

My top tier blades go at least 7 comfortable three-pass shaves (sometimes 10 or more). These blades include: GSB, Personna lab, Personna med, Wizamat SI, Astra SP and Nacets. Hope this helps! :a14::a14:

My top tier blades go at least 7 comfortable three-pass shaves (sometimes 10 or more). These blades include: GSB, Personna lab, Personna med, Wizamat SI, Astra SP and Nacets. Hope this helps! :a14::a14:

It helps indeed, and makes me realize I may be replacing blades too frequently.

Top Bottom