What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

The NEW LC seems to get smoother with time. What a great shave!

Also enjoyed lime scented soap for the first time. (GFT sample).

Using a sample worked best by applying it like a shaving stick then I bowl lathered what was left and applied that to my face and worked it in. Much better than just trying to bowl lather it.

Last edited:
I can get a better lather by face lathering MWF instead of bowl lathering. May not be using it as much as I prefer to bowl lather.

I learned that each shave does not have to be a competition against the previous shave.
Yes...however...
I learned each shave is a learning experience: every imperfection on the current shave is an opportunity for improvement on the next shave.

1) When I blade buff rough spots with the remaining slick layer from my first pass (currently Arko/Williams mix), the end result is almost as good as a 2 pass shave with no more irritation. This is a nice time and soap saver for hurried mornings (Mon-Fri) :).

2) During the work week I don't appreciate the smell of soap. Arko is my work week workhorse, good soap for weekends.

I learned today that if a shave is rough, go wtg again and then relather the spot. Seemed to smooth things out for me.

That using an SE isn't a big change in technique from a DE and the shave is so close! I shaved 12 hours ago and am still fairly smooth.

Really like the combo of my Schick E injector with Chinese Schick blade. DFS in two passes. Also I could just use Arko and my Muhle STFv2 for the rest of my life, but as far as aftershave goes I need variety.

A NEW LC head on a Little Bastone handle balances it out better and works extremely well for me. I really like the added weight yet short handle.

OK...a Williams Wednesday...pulled it out for sentimental reasons...it's been a friend for many years.

I learned that Williams is indeed a decent shaving soap. It's not Cella, and it does need a little more work to build a good lather.

But it is a good lather, and very slick...the blade glides very nicely. And it's very nice to my skin, and I like the fragrance: clean and, well, soapy.

It will be a regular team member on Wednesdays.

Top Bottom