What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

the importance of a good razor. Of course, technique still trumps tools, but it's anytime better to use more efficient tools.

i learned w a straight under the chin, if i push in on my throat while looking up I can get a BBS around my goatee area. That area I'de been searching a searching for a good hold to keep that skin tight....(granted it wasnt on my last shave that i learned that one, but a fairly new repeatable AHA moment!)

Aristocrat #16 with a 7 O'Clock Yellow is capable of a decent shave with 3 days worth of stubble, where as the Aristocrat #66 struggles with 2 days growth.

I didn't knick myself until 4 months into wetshaving. go figure.
2 years later and yesterday I forgot that you can abuse an area as I shaved before bed (a first) and felt irritation all nite. Also pay more attention to my technique again. I went back to taking a 30 mt slow shave on SUndays to improve my technique. Currently looking at getting a more aggressive razor soon.

Cella, my previously neglected adjustable (set at 4) and Personna Blue blades have given me four straight darn good shaves. Three shaves with one blade and swapped it out with a new one this morning.
I know you don't talk about the streak while you're in one, but darn it, four enjoyable shaves in a row with this combo is satisfying.

/prepares for the inevitable fifth shave hell tomorrow...

Had my first DE shave today. Learned I need more product/water + time spent building a good lather. That angles of attack are important. And last but not least, not to order creams in the summer-time (had an issue with 2/3 tubs of TOBS being soupy upon arrival)...

Top Bottom