What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

that inspite of that girl told me I look better with beard and should let it go, I shaved :001_cool:, can't beat shaved face, feeling and shaving it.

linty1

My wallet cries.
I guess for me its after shaving for so long, it's easy to go into autopilot and then nick yourself on the lip just because I was carving too fast and not paying attention.

As much as I like shaving every morning, I think I need to skip a day once a week. Face felt really tender today and I quit before my usual clean up pass because of it.

- Cold water shaving is nice when it is hot
- C.O. Bigelow cream + Cremo Cooling Cream is still a great combo for a face freeze
- A Dorco Prime Platinum works well with a Merkur Progress @3

- That I have been spoiled using my Slim, and the Merkur 34C, that when I decided to use my much neglected Tech and realized why I haven't been using it because the handle is a little too small for me but I still managed a DFS without hacking up my face.

- That a Wilkinson Sword(German) is a pretty sweet blade in the above mentioned Tech.

- That the old standby VDH Luxury soap, the above mentioned Tech with the Wilkinson Sword yielded a might fine shave this morning. Nice to get back to the basics and no it works.

Average shave on Sunday and yesterday
Mediocre shave today
Conclusion - I don't like Super-Max Super Stainless blades and they don't like me !!

linty1

My wallet cries.
+1 to this

edit: this was in reference to the post about your face getting use to de shaving despite aggressive shaving

Was in a rush this morning and used Fusion and canned cream. MISTAKE, feels awful and nicked my chin. No more rushing.

This is part learning, part confession :blushing:

I've been unable to get rid of the all pesky stubble in the area below my chin on my neck. So today I reached for the Fusion Pro Glide and went to town on it. Gone in a couple of swipes! Not sure where I go from here, but probably going to use it for a cleanup pass at the minimum going forward. Heresy right?

Top Bottom