What's new

What Are You Reading?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Dead Zone: A Bob Lee Swagger Novel-Author Stephen Hunter
I, Sniper -same as above.
Arisen-Its a zombie series-I just like everyone running around trying to stay alive.
The Untold Civil War

After just finishing Winston Groom's American Civil War Trilogy: Shrouds of Glory, Shiloh 1862 and Vicksburg 1863, I am reading Allen Guelzo's Gettysburg: The Last Invasion.

Guelzo's book is well researched with nuances to the Union's high command based on Democrat/Republican explored in depth. He is surprisingly critical the South's handling of the first day of the battle with rare critism going to Rodes. So far, a good read.

Ship of Magic by Robin Hobb. It's been excellent so far. Lots of well developed characters, an interesting society, in Bingtown, and sentient ships!

Finished Liveship Traders book 1 and have started Book 2, Mad Ship.

I'm really enjoying this series. I had tried on of Hobb's other series 10 years, or so, ago and never got into it. I'm glad I gave her another chance.

Just finished Scar tissue, Anthony Kiedis
Now onto Earnest Hemingway's short stories

I really like a lot of Hemmingway's stuff, but for some reason never cared for most of his short stories. If you find yourself on a short story kick you should check out O Henry or Saki. The Complete Works of Saki is one of my most treasured books.

I recently finished Sarah Hoyt's "Darkship Thieves". It was the first book of its size that I finished the day I started it. I can't remember the last book I couldn't put down. the last I can think of is Mike Resnick's "Santiago". Since then, I finished "The Black Prism" by Brent Weeks and am working on its sequel, " The Blinding Knife".

I just finished my degree on April 6th and decided to celebrate with my first light reading in a long, long time. I'm re-reading Anne McCaffrey's Pern series and loving every page. Just polished off number four, Dragonsinger.

Just finished "A Good Man Gone" by A W Hartoine, a nice , fun relaxing mystery with a good sense of dry humor. Plus it was a free download from Barnes & Noble.

"The Ring and the Book," 700-page verse novel by Robert Browning, about a Roman murder and trial in 1698. Browning's version written 200 years later. Dense and gnarled poetry, but it keeps me on my toes. "Don Juan" next. We should keep these classics alive:
http://nyti.ms/1mjAy6H

Top Bottom