What's new

What Lather Bowl Did You Use Today

My wife said she bought at a HOME GOODs store/ chain off the self.
She purchased a set of 4. The other colors are Black w/ white embossment & Orange w/ white embossment.
Turkish bowls, thou this style has the cool embossed on the inside bottom. Some others can appear they do but are not, smooth...
I like the bumps...
Korinne does not remember the price unfortunately. Just the grand total for a couple of shopping hours.
BFX
Thanks

Captain’s Choice Ceramic Lather Bowl
IMG_6876.jpeg

I bought it from Cayuen’s official website, but I still haven’t received the delivery email after three weeks. I asked Cayuen on Etsy two days ago and there was no reply.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
For the folks using Captain's choice. Does the bowl rust and discolor after a while?
For me no. I always wash and dry mine after each use. Mine came with a lacquer type coating on it. It has slightly changed colour over time but mine only gets used about once a week.

For the folks using Captain's choice. Does the bowl rust and discolor after a while?
I've had mine a few years & it has not discolored at all. I've read where some have polished their copper lather bowl. I imagine that by polishing it they are removing the lacquer coating, which then will allow the copper to patina over time. And if you don't want the patine you can then polish it again. Perhaps the initial polishing starts the cycle of polish/patina/polish/patine. I haven't polished mine & mine looks as gorgeous as the day I got it. And definitely no rust has developed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom