What's new

gpjoe Member Interview

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
B&B Interviews - Meet member gpjoe

138272.jpg

@gpjoe has been a member of Badger and Blade since March 11, 2022

01. How did you find Badger and Blade and why did you become a member?

I bought my first DE, a $15 TTO and a tube of Creamo at CVS after becoming disenchanted with the Gillette version of "the best a man can get". Realizing I had no idea how to use the razor, a Google search landed me here.

02. When you did or if you are working, in general what did or do you do?

I spent much of my career in the defense industry, starting in assembly, and then moving through supervision, Quality Engineering, and finishing with 20 years of writing technical manuals for the US Army Abrams Tank. I never served in the military but I am proud to have contributed in some way.

03. What part of the country where you were born do you like the most?

I was born in Detroit, and have lived in Michigan my entire life. After retirement, my wife and I moved north to a much more rural, and "calmer" area. We love the pace, the wildlife, the peace and quiet.

04. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

I know there are many beautiful places to live but I'm happy where I am. I suppose if forced to choose, I'd pick Maui...never been there but it looks idyllic.

05. Do you have any hobbies or pastimes?

Shooting and reloading, bicycling, running down trails and dirt roads in our ATV, searching antique shops for shiny things and hidden treasure.

06. Why did you choose the avatar that you have now?

It's me.

07. If you could choose any person in the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a drink with?

My dad. It's been over 20 years, and I still miss him desperately.

08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?

I would love to travel to Egypt and see the Valley of the Kings, Luxor, Karnak. I'm fascinated by ancient Egypt, likewise the Acropolis, and Mayan/Aztec architecture like Machu Picchu...so many ruins, so little time...

09. What is one thing or accomplishment in your life that you are proud of?

Well, I come from a long line of alcoholics and vowed that I would never allow alcohol to rule me or destroy my life, so I don't imbibe. My addiction was cigarettes which I smoked for nearly 50 years, and finally quit...and it was the hardest thing I've done.

10. What is one piece of advice that you would offer to people in general?

Be kind, courteous, and positive. It has a profound impact on your life. Never forget that a true gentleman makes all of those around him comfortable.

11. If you could have any super hero power, what would you choose?

The ability to understand my wife.

12. If you had to choose to be a kind of animal, what would you want to be?

Bald eagle. I'm fierce...and I can fly!

13. What kind of music do you like?

Music should move you, the rhythm, the lyrics. It should instantly transport you to another place or time...with goosebumps to accompany the memories. For me, that is primarily the classic guitar rock from my youth: Clapton, Hendrix, SRV, Pink Floyd, Santana, the Doobie Brothers, Black Sabbath, Van Halen. I also really like southern rock: Lynyrd Skynyrd, 38 Special, but I don't care for country music...it just doesn't move me.

14. If you could be any movie character, who would you like to be?

Maximus Decimus Meridius (had to look it up)

15. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the Title of that book be?

"His bark was worse than his bite." (I'm a cupcake, really 🙂)

Top Bottom