What's new

What are some good Rose shaving soaps?

Let us know what the rose scent is like compared to Trumpers and MdC. I already expect the performance will be as good as the other Stirling soaps I've tried.
I just got the Stirling Rose soap in the mail today, and I really like the scent! It's more of a "green" scent if that makes any sense. To me, it's the most like sniffing an actual rose of all the rose soaps I have smelled.

I think it's a toss up between which rose scent I prefer between Trumper and Stirling. I didn't much care for the MdC rose as far as scent is concerned, but I did think it performs really well. I was amazed at how little soap I needed to get a bowl full of awesome lather.

I am still using klar Kabinett easily my favourite shaving soap,i hope the Dusy is as good,
Weill I got good news for you I have both and to me there may be a slight difference in scent (very slight) but no difference I can detect in performance and the Dusy is readily available from Barber Di Figaro I bought 2 keys of the Dusy so if its ever discontinued and I live to be 150 I'll still have some!

I finally began using my Stirling Rose. I've had a number of rose creams and soaps over the years, but this one is an instant favorite in scent and performance. It may even be good enough to send my MdC Rose jar to "the box in the basement". I'm glad I bought 2 pucks because it's out of stock. I hope Rod brings it back in a 5.8oz jar at some point.

Soap Commander Love is pretty legit. Just used it the other day. Rose scent really shines when lathered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finished my tub of Soap Commander Love and picked up a small jar of Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations premium artisan shaving soap in Somali Rose scent.

She describes it like this -

Somali Rose is very sexy and masculine. Imagine super subtle rose with soft chocolate, sandalwood, anise, musk and a twist of green moss. (fragrance)
I agree! It's so subtle I can't smell the rose at all.

It's a great soap, performance is top notch and my wife loves the smell.

It's growing on me slowly, but it's a radical departure from the clean rose scent of SC Love.

I finished my tub of Soap Commander Love and picked up a small jar of Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations premium artisan shaving soap in Somali Rose scent.

She describes it like this -

Somali Rose is very sexy and masculine. Imagine super subtle rose with soft chocolate, sandalwood, anise, musk and a twist of green moss. (fragrance)
I agree! It's so subtle I can't smell the rose at all.

It's a great soap, performance is top notch and my wife loves the smell.

It's growing on me slowly, but it's a radical departure from the clean rose scent of SC Love.

I've got a sample puck of LNHC Somali Rose waiting for when I finish up my Absinthe sample. Lisa's is a really excellent, simply beautiful lathering soap and I don't hesitate to recommend it to everyone.

So far my favorite rose shaving soap is still Stirling's rose. Simply a gorgeous scent, makes me think of fresh-cut roses each time I use it.

I've got a sample puck of LNHC Somali Rose waiting for when I finish up my Absinthe sample. Lisa's is a really excellent, simply beautiful lathering soap and I don't hesitate to recommend it to everyone.

So far my favorite rose shaving soap is still Stirling's rose. Simply a gorgeous scent, makes me think of fresh-cut roses each time I use it.

Stirling's rose smelled great but it lit me up :(. Been afraid to try other Stirling non-EO offerings since.

Stirling's rose smelled great but it lit me up :(. Been afraid to try other Stirling non-EO offerings since.
FWIW, I had the same reaction to Stirling Rose, but I have not had any problems with any of the other dozen or so Stirling soaps I have.

For something a bit out of left field, Cold River Soap Works Madman's Bouquet. It has ylang ylang, clary sage and rose. The rose definitely shines through.

Taylor of Old Bond Street.
A perfect Rose scent and All Around Great Shave Soap.

Well for the wife and me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to trying LNHC Somali Rose and Soap Commander Love, here's what I have currently in order or preference Top to bottom, left to right.
proxy.php

Top Bottom