What's new

What are some good Rose shaving soaps?

Rose is my favorite floral scent after lavender. It's easy to find good lavender-scented soaps but I'm having a little more trouble finding rose soaps.

I know the word is that Geo F. Trumper's hard pucks are hit-or-miss after the reformulation, so I'm not yet sure if I will spring for one or not.

I prefer hard soaps, but I will use softer soaps (or croaps) too. I am not crazy about shaving creams but I am open to trying a rose cream or two if they are good enough.

I have a sample of TOBS Rose that I haven't tried out yet. It smells promising, but I did not love the performance of TOBS Mr Taylor which I also have a sample of.

What I'm really hoping to find is a good quality hard rose soap.
Any suggestions?

My two favorites are Rose de Pushkar by LPL, and Rose by MdC. Neither are cheap, but both are wonderful.

You can't go wrong with Soap Commander "LOVE" (True Rose scent).
Scent is amazing and performance is excellent.

Awww, I didn't realize they weren't making it anymore.
As far as creams go, you said you already have the TOBS Rose cream, it's great. Trumper's Rose cream is excellent as well, both are about as close to a pure Rose scent as you'll find.
*Edit: you should also look over at Ginger's Garden, Irena will do most any scent in a variety of soap formulations.

Here are some more
Le Pere Lucien - Rose De Pushkar
Cyril R Salter - Wild Rose
LA Shaving Soap Co - The Black Rose
Stone Cottages Soapworks - Rose Premium
Mike's Natural Soap - Rose & Cedarwood

Here are some more
Le Pere Lucien - Rose De Pushkar
Cyril R Salter - Wild Rose
LA Shaving Soap Co - The Black Rose
Stone Cottages Soapworks - Rose Premium
Mike's Natural Soap - Rose & Cedarwood
Thanks for the recommendations, I think I will give Mike's Natural a try.

For scent and performance, not too many rose soaps can beat the English rose creams, imho!
U pick, t&h, dr Harris, TOBS, Cyril salter, all great.

i really enjoy lisa's natural herbal creations somalirose. in general i don't like floral scents, this one is a little different take on rose. tallow based, samples available.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Try Klar. I haven't used their Dusy soap yet, but it's supposed to be VERY similar in scent and performance to the discontinued Kabinett, which I thought was fantastic.

Cold River Soap Works: OLIVA Summer Rose
TOBs Rose
Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre
D.R. Harris Twenty Nine .. actually it's a cream.

Enjoy :a8:

I keep hearing a lot of great things about Wholly Kaw. I've added it to my list of soaps to try, thanks!
Keep your eyes open for a special edition of the Wholly Kaw Chypre Rose Concerto - with donkey milk I assume. I believe there’s going to be a pre-order in the next week or two.

Top Bottom