What's new

What are some good Rose shaving soaps?

Another vote for Mike's Natural Soaps Rose & Cedarwood!

Mystic Water Yellow Rose is a good one too.

Definitely grab the Soap Commander Love shaving soap when that's released next month. I would suggest that you pick up their matching balm at the same time. It's good stuff! Scent and performance!

@BlueTomorrow , PM your address to me and I will mail you a chunk(it's fairly hard stuff) of Dusy Kabinett to try before you make the investment of ordering it.

Thanks a lot, @Blade4vor , I am very grateful for this chance to try Dusy Kabinett! I'll send you a PM. Much obliged!

On the topic of Dusy Kabinett, I have been searching (popular auction site) to check prices but I haven't been able to find any listing for this soap. If anyone has a link to a shop that sells it, I'd appreciate the help. Thanks!

@njpaddy , I received your generous gift of the Trumper Rose soap and MdC Rose sample in the mail today.

I love the scent of the Trumper Rose, it is exactly what I was looking for in a rose soap! It lathered up admirably in the hard water here at my parents' house and I can't wait to try it out at home where my water is exceptionally soft.

I will value this soap to its last shave and it will always serve as a reminder of the kind, wonderful folks here at B&B. I am truly honored to be a part of this community and I hope to be able to pay it forward to someone else new to the game some day.

Thanks again, @njpaddy .

After a full shave with it, I have to vote for The Holy Black Cracklin' Rosie. Best pure rose scent I have tried, with just a hint of smoke underneath.

I have recently been enjoying rose scents as well, was not a fan of floral scents for a long time, but wet shaving has opened my mind to try different things. Some great rose scents are:

Wholly Kaw Chypre Ruse Concerto- this is by far my favorite rose scent
Victory Rosie- this one is rose and sandalwood, it is a sweet sandalwood that mixes well with the rose
TTFFC Sue Moore Rose & Currents- this one is a LE but is a nice rose scent
Ballenclaugh Hot Barrel Rose- This is one of the strangest rose scents I have come across. Soap formula is incredible and the scent of rose and gunpowder is very unique, the 4.5 version has burbon and other notes added to the mix.

Stirling has a Rose soap on sale for Black Friday (plus some other new soaps too). I just picked one up, $6 for a refill puck.

Martin De Candre has the rose back in stock on a limited supply. I love rose soaps and have several but the MDC is my favorite and not just my favorite rose but my favorite soap period.

Try Klar. I haven't used their Dusy soap yet, but it's supposed to be VERY similar in scent and performance to the discontinued Kabinett, which I thought was fantastic.
I am still using klar Kabinett easily my favourite shaving soap,i hope the Dusy is as good,

Stirling has a Rose soap on sale for Black Friday (plus some other new soaps too). I just picked one up, $6 for a refill puck.
Let us know what the rose scent is like compared to Trumpers and MdC. I already expect the performance will be as good as the other Stirling soaps I've tried.

Stirling rose is good. A while back, I wrote them about bringing it back, and they said they only would do this as part of a group purchase. Glad to hear it's back.

Top Bottom