What's new

West Coast Canadian Pass-around Box

So I feel like it's ages since I've had time to post in this thread but it's been good reads when I've had the chance. Anyways I received the box today and gotta say she's pretty heavy! Look forward to tearing into her tmr and see what goodies there are.

So from this point I don't know if there has been any discussion on where it's going and such but if somebody can fill me in it would be immensely appreciated :)

Looking forward to tomorrow morning.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
My understanding was that a few scenarios were discussed. It would probably be best to create a thread in order to see what we want to do. As you are the final receiver of the box, the action will be at your end.

From what I remember, possible actions were
-Sell the box and give the money back to B&B
-PIF the box to a newbie
-Continue the tour (ship it back to the west coast and start again or start from where you are and slowly make it to the west coast).

We could possibly vote on what to do and post the poll link in both threads (East/West).

I like the idea of taking what is in the boxes and slimming them down by doing a series of PIFs for Canadian beginners then take the boxes and run em across the country again.

As a beginner and someone who has been following this thread since I joined B&B, I would LOVE if we could work its way back to the west coast, and if i could put my name down for it. I have not been able to try most if any of the products in the box since I started wet shaving.
I would agree that maybe pulling out the items that are more readily available/mass produced and pif-ing them so the box does not start packed full for its return trip is also a great idea.

Ok so I've been quite busy since I received the box but finally this morning got around to actually diving into it and checking out its contents. Also Luc im not sure if you posted the link to the poll on the east coast thread or if they're doing their own thing. Anyways the review for this mornings shave to come!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
So this morning I decided to move away from Feather blades for the first time in a long time and tried the Rapira Platinum Lux. I gotta say that it was interesting to tried something new although I can't say it was good enough a shave to pull me away from Feathers! A touch too much pull for my liking.

I stuck with my regular EJ DE89L to keep some consistency in terms of the blade trial and same with my silvertip badger brush.

The soap I went with as a first pick was the HTGAM Eh+. Seemed fitting and having never tried a HTGAM product (but reading great things) I decided to giver a go. I scraped some of the soap off the top with a spoon and soaked it while showering. It lathered nicely and the scent was somewhat noticeable but I've had a stuffy nose for the last little bit (allergies) and found the scent to dissipate half way in. Nice cushion and slide and I can see why people raved the brand.

I finished off the morning with a splash of lucky tiger, another product I heard good things about but never getting the chance to try. It's scent was quite subtle yet pleasant which I found appealing considering I had to go to work shortly after.

Not sure what I'm going to do for tomorrow morning, I had a nice look through the razor and none of them really stood out for me but I might throw a feather in one of them just for ****s and giggles.

Might I suggest trying a Gillette Silver Blue blade or Personna Platinum / Red / Crystal (there's another equivalent Super Stainless?) if there are any in there.

I think there might be, I remember trying Personna Reds back when I was doing blade trials but Gillette would be new too me. I'll give them a go in the AM.

So this morning I did something I usually don't do and shave the day after I already shaved. Regardless I took i_dont_bite's advice and threw a Gillette blade in my EJ and gave it a go. The blade was quite smooth and took me off guard although that could have just been the lack of usual facial hair. I scraped off some williams mug and went to town. The lather was nice and the shave was comfortable. I did get some feedback with my alum block though the irritation was surprisingly minimal and didn't last long after my Nivea Balm.

Not sure what's next but I spotted the razorock essential lime oil and might see how that feels after a day of rest.

Open to any suggestions as there seems to be a lot in the box!

B&M or Queen Charlotte are worth a go if you've never used those soaps. Yeti snot is a melt and pour you can nuke in the microwave for 20 seconds and it covers the bowl. Also Bolzano or Gillette Black are blades worth a go. Lots of Nacet fans although I'm not one of them.

Last edited:
Is there any yeti snot in there? I didn't see it when I went through the box though I would love to try it out haha

Top Bottom