What's new

Wallet suggestion please

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
I have a wallet from Saddleback Leather and love it. They offer a 100 year warranty. Saddleback Home Page - https://saddlebackleather.com/
+1

Received a Saddleback Leather ID Wallet ($49) at Christmas more than 10 years ago. Just getting better with age. It helped minimize carry to a drivers license, debit card, credit card and cash. All other cards relegated to work backpack.
10C9E43B-9AD8-467A-899F-3E6A19F5C644.jpeg30E7776C-C4AF-45E7-BEA4-805B75239D48.jpeg

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I'd have a hard time carrying a metal wallet, unless I carried a purse .. maybe I'm just too old fashioned, but seems like it would be inflexible with its load, cause excess wear on the pants' pocket, and make a hell of a noise when run through the washer ..

I've had a North Star Leather wallet that I've used every day for about 10 years now. It's still in good shape and it'll probably go for another ten while still looking pretty reasonable. It's hand-made in the USA, from reasonable quality leather. I paid just under 21 dollars for it, but that was at least ten years ago. Looking at their website, it appears they've upgraded the leather quality and are charging a little over 30 bucks for the same "small bifold" wallet now. I'd probably buy another one if I needed it. Although, I might spring for the Horween leather, this time.

I'm sure it's not as nice as the Ashland wallets. The Ashland Johnny the Fox wallets look quite purposely made and appear to be very high quality.

For me, it’s the Mitchell Leather Money Clip Wallet. I’m on my second, and have no interest at looking at anything else.

For me, it’s the Mitchell Leather Money Clip Wallet. I’m on my second, and have no interest at looking at anything else.

Exactly what I use. It's a great wallet.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I carry a small card case in one front pocket and a money clip in the other. Keeps things smooth. While the card cases have lasted between five and ten years each, the money clip (sterling, from Tiffany) will likely outlast me (not that it has much to carry).

The latest case is a cheapo from Access. Green, carbon fiber patterned leather with an ID window and thumb slot (very handy). Seems to be holding up just fine after two years.

A case I would never buy again came from Bottega Veneta. Beautiful, but barely made it through two years.

After I was pickpocketed on the Rome Metro and lost my red leather Flortntine wallet, I've used a Tyvek wallet. It has pretty much collapsed into a shapeless heap, so I bought a Thread Legacy:

It is tiny, really minute. I added on a vinyl card-holder, , and it now holds 12 cards and some few folded bank-notes. I love the look and feel - suede and woven bright fabric - but the thing is tiny, and will need some getting used to.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
After I was pickpocketed on the Rome Metro and lost my red leather Flortntine wallet, I've used a Tyvek wallet. It has pretty much collapsed into a shapeless heap, so I bought a Thread Legacy:

It is tiny, really minute. I added on a vinyl card-holder, , and it now holds 12 cards and some few folded bank-notes. I love the look and feel - suede and woven bright fabric - but the thing is tiny, and will need some getting used to.
Looks like a nice wallet. I carry something even smaller: a card case, and keep my cash in a separate money clip. Very reassuring to know that both are in one's front pockets.

Well my tyvek made wallet barely lasted 6 months this time. Don't know if the company changed how they are made or what. Found a great yt channel for wallets lol. Walettopia, ordered an Akeeni brand XSTO wallet. Metal and small to try out. Almost tried Trayvex because I like their belt buckle so much but the xsto seems to get really good reviews.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Same brand as your bag, no? Elegant, quality leather goods, indeed.
Your right Bill, I do like Bleu de Chauffe we have quite a few pieces from prior to my retirement. I love the quality and the way they make their goods. Ah a thing of the past.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Thread resuscitation:

I got the Open Seas Leather Topsider Billfold and have never looked back. The best wallet, by a very large margin, that I have ever used.

1688509481779.png

Last edited:
I’m still carry a big skinny but they are not very durable. Need a new one every couple years as the interior rubberized lining begins to crack and the fabric starts to dull and show its age (in a not good way as leather does).

Top Bottom