What's new

New wallet ordered.

I've had one of the long no fold trucker/biker style wallets in my back pocket, attached to a chain on my belt/belt loop, since right around the time I was 12. Having just recently hit... 30+ years from that 12... and having been doing sit down jobs now for half of that, I decided it was time to change it up. A good friend of mine went minimalist last year to a small card holder style, then this year upgraded to one with a money clip attached. He gave me his old one to try out for a few days. I sorted through and grabbed just the 4 or 5 cards I really felt I needed with me all the time, and the few bills I had (since I generally carry little to no cash), stashed it in my front pocket instead of the back one, and gave it a trial run. I hadn't realized how sitting on that large wallet bothered things, until I was no longer doing it. OK, time to start researching for the options out there.

I spent the better part of 10 hours going through all the previous pages on the Hab, reading all the threads regarding wallets, looking at all the links, and watching every video, as well as following those video links to other ones about minimalist wallets and money clips. After I narrowed it to 2 real options, I pondered those, read some more reviews, read up the types of leather those two came in, or had options to come in, and compared the designs of those two vs the one I am carrying that was given to me.

In the end, I ordered the Mitchell Leather money clip wallet, in the Horween Dublin roasted walnut. The amusing part was that near the end of my decision making and researching process, I mentioned to another friend of mine I was looking for a new wallet and checking out options, and he says he's never been happy with any wallet he's tried yet. His requirements were pretty much spot on to mine, I gave him my top two picks to look at, and he ordered the Mitchell Leather money clip wallet in black pebble cowhide. lol

I dumped a large bi-fold wallet for the Saddleback front pocket, which I love. I have never kept $$ in my wallet (why loose cash and wallet at same time?), so I don't mind not having an attached money clip.

I dumped a large bi-fold wallet for the Saddleback front pocket, which I love. I have never kept $$ in my wallet (why loose cash and wallet at same time?), so I don't mind not having an attached money clip.

I keep very little in mine, but often stash receipts till I get home and such for various reasons, and it'll hold those for me with no risk of them getting forgotten and washed. lol

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I got the Mitchell money clip wallet in the Horween Football leather. Holds cash and some 8-10 cards.

No doubt. It may be a paycheck or two, but I think I will get to order it. I've never owned a quality wallet

I know what you mean. I'm not sure how "quality" I would call my previous one, but it was definitely better than most department store pick ups. Official Harley Davidson branded, solid pieces of leather, and honestly, for the $35 or so I paid for it, 12+ years of riding in a back pocket being sat on, most of the stitching is still solid, 99% or the leather is still solid, and the snaps are still good and easy functioning but not loose. Heck, even the grommet that the chain attaches to is fine. I can't fault the build or the leather at all. I'm just ready to update to a different style as well, one that I can use no matter if I'm dressed up for work, down for casual nights, etc.. Though, I will probably still switch over to the chain attached one when I am traveling and camping, since there is no way ever it can get stolen or lost. lol

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I know what you mean. I'm not sure how "quality" I would call my previous one, but it was definitely better than most department store pick ups. Official Harley Davidson branded, solid pieces of leather, and honestly, for the $35 or so I paid for it, 12+ years of riding in a back pocket being sat on, most of the stitching is still solid, 99% or the leather is still solid, and the snaps are still good and easy functioning but not loose. Heck, even the grommet that the chain attaches to is fine. I can't fault the build or the leather at all. I'm just ready to update to a different style as well, one that I can use no matter if I'm dressed up for work, down for casual nights, etc.. Though, I will probably still switch over to the chain attached one when I am traveling and camping, since there is no way ever it can get stolen or lost. lol
While official HD branded stuff may be priced a bit high, they do tend to be quality.

I've had one of the long no fold trucker/biker style wallets in my back pocket, attached to a chain on my belt/belt loop, since right around the time I was 12. Having just recently hit... 30+ years from that 12... and having been doing sit down jobs now for half of that, I decided it was time to change it up. A good friend of mine went minimalist last year to a small card holder style, then this year upgraded to one with a money clip attached. He gave me his old one to try out for a few days. I sorted through and grabbed just the 4 or 5 cards I really felt I needed with me all the time, and the few bills I had (since I generally carry little to no cash), stashed it in my front pocket instead of the back one, and gave it a trial run. I hadn't realized how sitting on that large wallet bothered things, until I was no longer doing it. OK, time to start researching for the options out there.

I spent the better part of 10 hours going through all the previous pages on the Hab, reading all the threads regarding wallets, looking at all the links, and watching every video, as well as following those video links to other ones about minimalist wallets and money clips. After I narrowed it to 2 real options, I pondered those, read some more reviews, read up the types of leather those two came in, or had options to come in, and compared the designs of those two vs the one I am carrying that was given to me.

In the end, I ordered the Mitchell Leather money clip wallet, in the Horween Dublin roasted walnut. The amusing part was that near the end of my decision making and researching process, I mentioned to another friend of mine I was looking for a new wallet and checking out options, and he says he's never been happy with any wallet he's tried yet. His requirements were pretty much spot on to mine, I gave him my top two picks to look at, and he ordered the Mitchell Leather money clip wallet in black pebble cowhide. lol

I have the same Mitchell Leather Money Clip Wallet (Dublin Roasted Walnut) Currently carry 7 cards and some cash.....

I'm a huge fan of my cordovan Bugs Moran Ashland leather wallet. They frequently end up on massdrop for 50% off.

I prefer a minimalist wallet so that I can easily wear it in my front right pocket.

While official HD branded stuff may be priced a bit high, they do tend to be quality.

Not anymore! I was at my local HD dealer a month ago and saw a wallet which caught my eye, it was in the $65+ range. I was looking for any stamp/engraving of "genuine leather" on it, could not find it, finally after opening the card pocket, saw a tiny tag "Made in China". I looked at my chain wallet, which my wife bought me couple of years ago for half that price and it said Made in the USA and branded a Genuine Leather on it! Needless to say I walked out.

I've actually started looking at Wallets myself, wanted to try a minimalist type wallet, since for everyday use I end up pulling half my wallet out and using my front pocket, still have the brick but no more sitting on it all day!

If you guys want to explore, check out The Ridge Wallet, Keplero wallet, Cascade wallet and Tru Vurtu wallets, all new technology, here is a nice YT link, enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UjD4tZldMw

I've actually started looking at Wallets myself, wanted to try a minimalist type wallet, since for everyday use I end up pulling half my wallet out and using my front pocket, still have the brick but no more sitting on it all day!

If you guys want to explore, check out The Ridge Wallet, Keplero wallet, Cascade wallet and Tru Vurtu wallets, all new technology, here is a nice YT link, enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UjD4tZldMw

When I was searching for a new wallet, I actually looked at all those, as well as a few others... here was my thought process on them:

Keplero: if I drop it, those magnets holding it together are bound to not hold, and it will scatter into several pieces. I also didn't want something that hard cased in my pocket, even in the front.

Cascade: Also hard cased, and once you added on the wrap case, are you really saving thickness vs a standard minimally stocked bifold? Didn't see like it, to me..

Tru Virute: I didn't need RFID blocking, or to keep change. It again was hard cased, and seemed just as bulky as a bifold, just more sturdy and secure, but neither were features I needed.

The Ridge: Yeah, *another* hard case, with a money clip on the outside, a part I also was less than fond of for my purposes. Also, any wallet that has the ability to order extra bands and/or screws in case you lose some, or those parts could wear out... knocked those styles off my list as well.

Top Bottom