What's new

New wallet ordered.

You are a Good thinker Rat ! In my former life , I gave up sitting on a wallet pretty fast , and the back pocket is the easiest for the pocket pickers to get , I opted for a front pocket minimalist . Had a couple with the outer bill clips that wore out to bare metal (Big Name Designer Brands) , once that happens , it's not long before a hole will appear in one of your trouser or jean pockets and you may not catch it until there's something missing . I like the idea of RFID protection , but ... haven't found one that passed all the muster tests , yet .

I still like the looks of the HOLTZLeather front pocket minimal , and the styles , Price is a huge Plus , also , and the Personalization Options look Great . No RFID protection , though , or I haven't seen one , yet that did . ... still lugging the Tommy Hilfiger Packed !

Last edited:
You are a Good thinker Rat ! In my former life , I gave up sitting on a wallet pretty fast , and the back pocket is the easiest for the pocket pickers to get , I opted for a front pocket minimalist . Had a couple with the outer bill clips that wore out to bare metal (Big Name Designer Brands) , once that happens , it's not long before a hole will appear in one of your trouser or jean pockets and you may not catch it until there's something missing . I like the idea of RFID protection , but ... haven't found one that passed all the muster tests , yet .

I still like the looks of the HOLTZLeather front pocket minimal , and the styles , Price is a huge Plus , also , and the Personalization Options look Great . No RFID protection , though , or I haven't seen one , yet that did . ... still lugging the Tommy Hilfiger Packed !

Unless you know for sure you have a card that has an RFID chip in it, and not the newer EMV chip, I wouldn't spend a penny to get RFID blocking as a feature.

When I was searching for a new wallet, I actually looked at all those, as well as a few others... here was my thought process on them:

Steve, thanks for explaining your view on those. My search just began, so you made valid point and I can see that you really did put some time into this!

As I thought about it, in reality I can pull some of the existing brick wallet clutter out, take pictures of the clutter and keep it on my cell phone if I need it. So in the end, my wallet requirements are to fit: 4 cards, DL, another 2 ID's and about 8 bills, all must be kept within the inner part of the wallet. I do not want anything external, no clip, no band, no slots. The wallet will be kept in my front pocket and be thin/light enough to stay in work slacks, jeans and gym shorts without bothering me.

I visited the Mitchell Leather Wallet you picked up and the more I think about it, the more it fits my requirement. My ONLY concern is that external metal edge, as I can see it possibly wearing out and possibly ripping the front jeans and slacks pockets. Since I have a desk job, my thighs would be constantly pushing that rigid metal strip against the snug pockets and leave a visible wear line.

I can see the same wear concept by keeping my cell phone in the other front pocket but the edges are rounded and the phone is thinner and even with that it's starting to leave a horizontal wear line on the dark denim jeans.

Thoughts on that metal edge?

Steve, thanks for explaining your view on those. My search just began, so you made valid point and I can see that you really did put some time into this!

As I thought about it, in reality I can pull some of the existing brick wallet clutter out, take pictures of the clutter and keep it on my cell phone if I need it. So in the end, my wallet requirements are to fit: 4 cards, DL, another 2 ID's and about 8 bills, all must be kept within the inner part of the wallet. I do not want anything external, no clip, no band, no slots. The wallet will be kept in my front pocket and be thin/light enough to stay in work slacks, jeans and gym shorts without bothering me.

I visited the Mitchell Leather Wallet you picked up and the more I think about it, the more it fits my requirement. My ONLY concern is that external metal edge, as I can see it possibly wearing out and possibly ripping the front jeans and slacks pockets. Since I have a desk job, my thighs would be constantly pushing that rigid metal strip against the snug pockets and leave a visible wear line.

I can see the same wear concept by keeping my cell phone in the other front pocket but the edges are rounded and the phone is thinner and even with that it's starting to leave a horizontal wear line on the dark denim jeans.

Thoughts on that metal edge?

My work pants are loose enough that even when sitting it's not really rubbing. The edges on it are very rounded, and it's also the thinner part of the wallet, so the leather will rub way more than that metal edge, by my reckoning. I have seen people report external money clips and metal money clip wallets reporting what you have, with the metal wearing through the pants fabric over time. No one I read reviews of said that they had that issue on the MItchell's, so over all I considered it a non issue.

The edges on it are very rounded, and it's also the thinner part of the wallet, so the leather will rub way more than that metal edge, by my reckoning.

Ahh! That makes sense now, thanks for the clarification and hence looks like this wallet will be added to my next month b-day wish list cart!

Well, after about six months of stalling, guess what arrived for father's day from my wife!

$Mitchell Wallet.jpg

Top Bottom