What's new

Vendors of P.160?

I can't seem to find anywhere selling the 1kg block of P.160. I've been lurking forever, and seems that nobody on any board can find this stuff. If anyone has a good source for the P.160 or Cella, I'm all ears. I'm in Alberta but I'm visiting friends in the US frequently enough that I could ship it to them and pick it up. I'm sure the border guards will love that: "no, seriously officer, its a 1kg of pure Italian shaving soap."

Also for those who've used both, do you think one is better than the other?

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Here you go. Performance-wise, I think they are equals (or close enough to call a tie), but I prefer the P160 scent myself.

Oh... welcome aboard!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Pardon me for interrupting, but is the scent of P160 similar to cella?
I would call them close cousins, but not enough alike to be mistaken. To me, Cella's almondy scent is quite nice and along the lines of a bitter almond, while P.160's is much more of a marzipan which I find VERY yummy. But scent and good/bad is very subjective.

I find the smell of cella to be pretty sweet, granted everyone's nose is different but I suppose that means I should sample it before I decide to buy a KG of it (but better do it soon . . .)

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
You could always order the small containers of both Cella and P.160 from Joseph (<$10 each).
..... You knew that was coming, right? :biggrin1:

If you don't like the P.160, I'll buy it from you.

Impressive turnaround time on answering his question. I thought I would be the first to comment when I saw the OP's question in my reader. I guess I would have gotten here sooner, but I was perusing the Italian Barber's site trying to decide what to spend my hard earned credit on.

I used them both and find them to be excellent performers but I like Razorock even better, great performance and a variety of scents. I recommend trying some, XXX is my favorite so far.

So, I knew of the Italian Barber, I just forgot all about them when doing my search.
So now the question is this: is the p.160 worth twice the price of the Cella? ItalianBarber's got it for about that (as per that link posted 2 posts up).
I was going to put in an order for one of the 1kg bricks, and grab some Razorock to get that sweet sweet free shipping.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
By the two 125g ones (P.160 and Cella) before you grab a kilo. I prefer P.160 but not at 2x the price of Cella.

By the two 125g ones (P.160 and Cella) before you grab a kilo. I prefer P.160 but not at 2x the price of Cella.

I agree. I have both in my den right now. I find P.160 to be a little slicker, but don't think it is worth the extra money. YMMV.

Top Bottom