What's new

From Venice, to Florence, to Rome...an Italian Journey

Prego! Hope you had a great trip! I would *love* to travel with carry on only, but that's just not possible with the wife :) (I blame her, but I buy just as much crap....our check luggage is at least 1/2 empty when we leave for a country, but busting open on our returns)

I was in France and Italy around month ago. I had a flight from Treviso to Beauvais and also a return. I was in Venice's old town for one day, since I booked my bus to Zagreb from Tronchetto, and was searching all over the place for some products. If I'd only stumbled on this thread earlier. I asked everywhere where I can buy proraso and chella and asked in few small shops. Now I see that I was 2 streets from these 2 stores near St. Marco Square :mad2::mad2::mad2:

I have not been to Italy for a few years now. However, when I was there I asked the concierge at the hotels I was staying at for stores that sold traditional shaving supplies. If he or she didn't know they would make a few calls to find out for me. In almost every city we visited I could find something. The same thing was true when I visited France.

Unfortunately I wasn't staying in a hotel, I was there for one day only. I was in Paris on Roland Garros and mainly sight seeing and to be honest didn't know what to look for except bic . However once I landed back in Italy I got an idea to buy something. However I think my next trip is either to Sicily, Russia or Tenerife so I should be covered, since I prefer Italian airports for low budget companies.

Prego! Hope you had a great trip! I would *love* to travel with carry on only, but that's just not possible with the wife :) (I blame her, but I buy just as much crap....our check luggage is at least 1/2 empty when we leave for a country, but busting open on our returns)
Fell in love with Italy. Don't really want to vacation elsewhere now.

Thanks so much for sharing and allowing us to enjoy your adventure vicariously! I haven't been to Italy for 15 years and I'm seriously jonesing to go back. I'm hoping to spend a few weeks in the South and Sicily next year.

Top Bottom