What's new

Timeless titanium solid bar mild spiral handle

Bored with my AS-D2 and looking for a change. I like mild razors and recall a comparo by someone on 10 or so mild razors in which the Timeless was at the top.

I’m thinking smooth solid bar mild polished with spiral handle which prices at 280. Steep! If you own this configuration I would appreciate if you can post pictures.

Is the spiral handle grippy enough?

The other option is the Shield Daily Driver from Bullgoose which is half the price but there are no reviews.

Any thoughts?

Do either of these razors have blade overhang? I prefer to not have that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kix
Bored with my AS-D2 and looking for a change. I like mild razors and recall a comparo by someone on 10 or so mild razors in which the Timeless was at the top.

I’m thinking smooth solid bar mild polished with spiral handle which prices at 280. Steep! If you own this configuration I would appreciate if you can post pictures.

Is the spiral handle grippy enough?

The other option is the Shield Daily Driver from Bullgoose which is half the price but there are no reviews.

Any thoughts?

Do either of these razors have blade overhang? I prefer to not have that.
I used to have a Ti95DC with the spiral handle in the matte finish and never had any problem or worry at all of ever losing grip with the handle. Surprising enough it wasn't slick at all. I'm not sure about the polished version but can't think it would be slippery either. Have you looked into the Crown handle? It seems to be the popular choice as of late for most guys.

Timeless has both stainless and titanium spiral handles. I have two of their titanium 14x85mm spiral handles, one polished and one matte. I really like both, and the shine on the polished one is fantastic. When combined with a DScosmetic Z.0-Ti head it makes up half of my favorite razor.

The grip on both is good and you can use them confidently without worrying that they’ll slip.

I used to have a Ti95DC with the spiral handle in the matte finish and never had any problem or worry at all of ever losing grip with the handle. Surprising enough it wasn't slick at all. I'm not sure about the polished version but can't think it would be slippery either. Have you looked into the Crown handle? It seems to be the popular choice as of late for most guys.
Not a fan of the look of the crown. I’m more of a vanilla look type person so prefer the simple look of the spiral handle. My ideal choice would be knurled like the AS-D2. I think Wolfmann is the only one offering that style in Ti but I find it hard to justify their price at 800 for polished. Is it worth it?

Timeless has both stainless and titanium spiral handles. I have two of their titanium 14x85mm spiral handles, one polished and one matte. I really like both, and the shine on the polished one is fantastic. When combined with a DScosmetic Z.0-Ti head it makes up half of my favorite razor.

The grip on both is good and you can use them confidently without worrying that they’ll slip.
The spiral handle handle the OP is talking abut is the TRH6 handle and is only made in Titanium.

Not a fan of the look of the crown. I’m more of a vanilla look type person so prefer the simple look of the spiral handle. My ideal choice would be knurled like the AS-D2. I think Wolfmann is the only one offering that style in Ti but I find it hard to justify their price at 800 for polished. Is it worth it?
I recently received my Wolfman Ti 1.25DC w/ WRH4 handle and can vouch the machining is simply outstanding and although I chose the basic brushed finish it is truly a beautiful shaving implement and so far I'm only 7-8 shaves in with it and I do believe it was money very well spent as the shaves have been outstanding also!! Will it replace my Ti Blackbird, I just can't say as yet...

I've got the Timeless Ti68 with polished spiral handle. No issue for me with gripability.
I think it's a very smooth and mild shaver with the polished top cap.
The Timeless AL I own has the scalloped top cap, and I like that as well.
Both shave amazingly well, and I don't shave with them enough, because I really like using my Blackbirds.

I recently received my Wolfman Ti 1.25DC w/ WRH4 handle and can vouch the machining is simply outstanding and although I chose the basic brushed finish it is truly a beautiful shaving implement and so far I'm only 7-8 shaves in with it and I do believe it was money very well spent as the shaves have been outstanding also!! Will it replace my Ti Blackbird, I just can't say as yet...
Is there a noticeable difference between the machining of the timeless vs wolfman?

Last edited:
I've got the Timeless Ti68 with polished spiral handle. No issue for me with gripability.
I think it's a very smooth and mild shaver with the polished top cap.
The Timeless AL I own has the scalloped top cap, and I like that as well.
Both shave amazingly well, and I don't shave with them enough, because I really like using my Blackbirds.
Can you post some pictures of the Timeless if it’s a smooth solid bar top cap if time permits? Also can you comment if there’s blade overhang? Thanks.

This is the final scorecard of the comparo I mentioned. It looks like Wolfman fared even better than the Timeless. Blackbird didn’t do as well as either Woflman or Timeless with comfort.

Last edited:
Can you post some pictures of the Timeless if it’s a smooth solid bar top cap if time permits? Also can you comment if there’s blade overhang? Thanks.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by solid-bar-top-cap, hopefully these will answer your questions.

835AED32-0803-4BA7-A6B5-7F5C27C19BA4.jpeg 2987C436-5A16-4312-BD6D-ED23E96DADE3.jpeg 32ED99AD-2A40-4F62-A8CF-A058BB5BECAF.jpeg

49C7AC9D-0BCF-4DAC-B183-CFB70436FD78.jpeg 2F1CFF6C-EF4A-4D52-BD5D-331BE5C8E201.jpeg 7195F7AF-2439-42BF-90FF-F75E3C7BCAB0.jpeg

This is a timeless 68 stainless (smooth cap smooth bar) and the AS-D2 Feather.

the span of the bar is different, and how the skin rides along the surface of the bar is different.... on the timeless, there is more blade exposure, and the bar span is shorter. But the shape of the surface of the bar can contact more skin area before getting to the blade in a shorter distance.

on the AS-D2, there is a longer span, and only a small portion of the surface of the bar touching the skin... while the blade has less exposure, the skin can contact the blade more easily.

you get more blade feel with the timeless, and have a little more wiggle room with the angle of the shave.

both have about as much blade span, and good blade clamping.

They shave at different angles. The feather will have a shallower angle, handle more perpendicular to your face. The timeless is more steep, handle less perpendicular to your face.

here are some really bad pics for you - Astra SP blade in each, since people seem to like talking about those.

IMG_8783.jpg

IMG_8784.jpg

here is a really noisy image, showing the difference in bar span.

IMG_8787.jpg

some poorly drawn lines on a noisy image from an older iphone.... to give a rough idea of blade exposure

IMG_8786_1.jpg

IMG_8788_1_1.jpg

difference in shaving angle (approximate).

IMG_8791.jpg

Top Bottom