What's new

Titanium razors (mild) without overhang?

View attachment 1760031

I’ve owned or shaved with all except the .48 and .74.

All have significant blade feel I have tried. Nothing I can say except I have sold every Wolfman I have owned.
Thanks for sharing this. I always have trouble remembering what my first one was. I've been saying .83, but maybe it was .86. It was definitely one of those top two. My current one is a .74, and it feels similar. My copper one was the so-called standard gap and I remember it being different than the others, but it did still have some blade feel to it, but none were like Ikon's Tech or Standard. It goes to show, gap is not the only number that contributes. Some manufacturers can design a razor with a small gap, while still dialing in quite a bit of exposure. Apologies to the original poster for contributing to this becoming a Wolfman discussion.

Mike and @anoop I strongly recommend the WR3. It’s wonderfully smooth in the standard gap .40 if you are looking for a milder shave.
I’ve never tried a WR3. I know many people swear by the gem blade version. The head seems large, is it easy to shave with and is the head interference all in my imagination?

The size of the head on the WR3 is a complete non-issue. I find it very easy to use. The Vestige and Sabre do indeed have more compact heads but I prefer the performance of the Wolfman. Many vintage GEMs have sizeable heads so I adapted quickly.

All these could fit your description.
Not all can be ordered in titanium.

REX Ambassador on a low setting.
Muramasa
Karve B or C plate
Lupo 0.72
Henson +++
20231207_191946.jpg

All these could fit your description.

REX Ambassador on a low setting.
Muramasa
Karve B or C plate
Lupo 0.72
Henson +++
Aside from the Henson, are the others available in Titanium?

(Thanks for the picture.)

Aside from the Henson, are the others available in Titanium?

(Thanks for the picture.)
The Muramasa at least.
You can also get a titanium handle, like this from Timeless, if you don't mind a frankenstein razor;)
The head is from Karve.
20231207_193614.jpg

Last edited:
I hardly ever use my Muramasa, because I like the Masamune better. The blade overhang is so small that it is just enough to help you as you load the blade.
If I was OK with overhang or with SS, then the field is much wider. The Timeless with be interesting and so would the Wolfman. I prefer razors with a more traditional knurled handle rather than a fancy shape. For example, with Wolfman I would go with with the WRH1/WRH2, and in the case of Timeless, with the TRH1.

No overhang along with a mild razor are very important for me because there are days when I'm just a little clumsy. And I've had problems with overhang with the EJ DE89 that I owned a long time ago. I can even have a bad day with my AS-D2 if I use a sharp blade like Feather or KAI. But I don't have any problems at all with the Bic Chrome + AS-D2.

Regardless of base plate - always the Nodachi topcap.

I had a Muramassa a long time ago, hated taking it apart to clean it (with the key) and couldn’t read the numbers easily.

I am not sure if the TI option is something you have to sign up for. They have been produced before.
Just send an email. The customer service is good at Tatara.
I did contact them a while back and they said no plans for Ti.

Top Bottom