What's new

Timeless Razors

The EJ DE89 was my first razor I then progressed to the EJ 3one6.

After that I bought the:

Timeless SS SC .68
Timeless Ti SB .95
Timeless Ti OC .95

I had all 3 at the same time the one that I could use everyday and was the Ti SB .95,
the OC was more efficient but could not use it everyday.

EJ 3one6 got my proficiency down so the transition to the Timeless was flawless.

If you have any other questions just ask

Doug

PS. The easiest transition from the EJ DE89 would be the Timeless SS .68, the shaving angle changes from the EJ DE89 to the Timeless Ti .95
How was the shave with the EJ 3one6?

@SgtCrppls I agree completely regarding the Timeless. I have the same plates...Ti. .95 SB and .95 OC. I use the OC only when I have 3 or more days of growth. Both quite smooth with the OC more efficient on the heavier growth.

The personal results vary so much with razors. Personally, the bronze .38 was brutally efficient and blood letting for me as was the Slim. I still have the .95 and .68 OC’s and I don’t find much difference between them. With a few days growth, they rock when careful. I used the .68 this morning after 22 hours of growth and it was a great shave although certainly not a brainless and meditative shave.

My daily zen happy place belongs, still to the Overlander.

What blade do you use with the Timeless .68oc? I found that Feathers would result in an occasional weeper that couldn't be explained. However, the Personna Lab Blues never do and give a shave that is almost as mindless as a cart.

I only ask because, for me, the .68oc is mindless while the .95oc requires a bit of concentration while still being smooth.

I have a .95 Timeless ss scalloped cap and plate, and a .68 ss open comb. I had a slim ss safety bar and a .68 safety bar but got rid of them. I just used the .95 (with a Gillette Silver Blue blade)after a bit of a hiatus. I must say it was extremely smooth and extremely efficient. Probably about as efficient as my blackbird, Yates EH, Tatara Nodachi, Lambda Ares. A unique and different feel which, to me is very special. Smoooooooth with some blade feel. It is funny how one's appreciation of a razor can vary over time. I had been using and digging my very blade forward razors for quite some time. when I threw the Timeless back into the rotation it just blew me away. Yes, it is big and heavy. That's part of the experience.

The titanium version isn't heavy 😉. And while it's bulkier than a Tech, it's not as bulky as it appears in photos. I have no problem getting under my nose with it. Although I must admit I do an xtg pass there.

Top Bottom