What's new

Timeless Razors

The Slim .5 and a Bic. Yeah, flawless and smelling good. This is a controversial razor in that there is nearly a 50/50 divide on how good or how bad it’s been for all who’ve tried it. Fortunately, I’ve been on the good side of that argument since day 1. In the end there’s enough versatility and available options where most shavers looking for a premium razor can find a Timeless to fit their specific needs.

Their razors work and work well regardless of your specific configuration & needs. They’re that good.

B4B5E639-A860-4C01-AA50-C962BB5C3B0F.jpeg

Quick customer service question...

Is it unusual to have no response from Timeless to 2 attempted inquiries on their website's contact form?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
They are a small outfit but they get back to me in a day or so.... I don't think an email has gone unanswered for 3 days yet. I used the contact thing on their site the other day... didn't hear back the next day.. so I sent another one... then I found the answer on their FAQ page, but in the meantime, I had two emails from Timeless answering the questions I posed to them.

Quick customer service question...

Is it unusual to have no response from Timeless to 2 attempted inquiries on their website's contact form?
Very unusual unless the 1st message was sent on a Friday night or Saturday morning... I'd always had responses from them in 24-36hrs at the most.

It’s a good question. I wouldn’t think the smooth vs scalloped top cap would make a difference. Or at least an appreciable difference. I also thought the scalloped base would be smoother that OC… so there is that! Thanks again for the wisdom. I was definitely nonplussed about the razor using the scalloped base. The OC was fantastic.
Potentially the scalloped top cap would produce less friction on the face... so maybe feel a little smoother, especially for people who tend to ride the cap?

I

Island

I like timeless razors but response via their website has not been good. Direct emails seem to get answered though.

I

Island

I've had responses by email but two questions asked via their website were never answered. That meant I went ahead and purchased some items to get a better answer. I returned one of them 4 days ago and they appear to have lost it even though the tracking number says delivered. That being said, they are great razors.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I don't have any new razors on my radar..... but I am wondering about adding the 0.95OC Ti base plate to my Timeless 0.68OC Ti Crown handle razor.... Any thoughts?

I should say... I'm not an everyday shaver, for the most part. I'm getting great shaves with the 0.68OC base plate, so there is that. What would the 0.95OC give me that I'm not getting now? I'd say... 12 hour or so shaves with the Ti... and probably 10 hour shaves or a tad more with the Timeless Bronze 0.38 razor.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

I don't have any new razors on my radar..... but I am wondering about adding the 0.95OC Ti base plate to my Timeless 0.68OC Ti Crown handle razor.... Any thoughts?

I should say... I'm not an everyday shaver, for the most part. I'm getting great shaves with the 0.68OC base plate, so there is that. What would the 0.95OC give me that I'm not getting now? I'd say... 12 hour or so shaves with the Ti... and probably 10 hour shaves or a tad more with the Timeless Bronze 0.38 razor.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Hello there Kim and hope all is well. I have both the .68 Ti OC and the .95 and really enjoy both of them. As you know, Timeless makes a marvelously designed razor and their customer service is always available to answer your questions.
While I have both razors, I wanted a matte finish for the .95 as well as a polished finish with a scalloped cap for the .68. With that said, I find the .68 every bit as comfortable and efficient as the .95. Both are outstanding of course. Again, this is my humble opinion as I am positive others may have another view.
537FD573-F6E7-4238-8858-FFFAE728D7D1.jpeg
2102E581-2F22-4BEC-9917-89D19399FC2E.jpeg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Thanks, Butch. I'm sure I could live without the 0.95 base plate... I don't really want two complete Titanium razors, I don't think... but I do have three matte and three polished Ti Crown handles.... so I could easily buy both base plate and top cap. <eg>

I did email Timeless to see if any Ti base plates are due to hit the scratch and dent section.... Or I might wait for one of their sales.

Thanks, Butch. I'm sure I could live without the 0.95 base plate... I don't really want two complete Titanium razors, I don't think... but I do have three matte and three polished Ti Crown handles.... so I could easily buy both base plate and top cap. <eg>

I did email Timeless to see if any Ti base plates are due to hit the scratch and dent section.... Or I might wait for one of their sales.
Sounds like a plan sir…..Enjoy the rest of your day!

I sit right in the middle from Butch, Kim @Phoenixkh. I have the Ti95 with scalloped baseplate and it’s wonderful for daily shaving.

I myself have been pondering over a .68OC and a Slim. Looked at BST multiple times but somehow never got round to it. Presumably on the same basis as you - I don’t need a new razor.

Cheers,

Guido

What would the 0.95OC give me that I'm not getting now?
If it works for you like it worked for me I'd say a much closer shave and longer lasting BBS...

I am an every other day shaver and was when I had a Ti95DC SB/OC and in 2.5 passes I was rewarded with a BBS shave that was in the 16-20hr range every shave out. I never had enough stubble to be able to shave 24hr later!! My Ti Blackbird is easily 20hr per shave and is the reason the Ti95DC was sold off...

I have been using my Timeless Ti .68 OC for about a month now. Feather light touch, 7’oclock platinum blades, and alternating between Grooming Department Lavender and Stirling Margarita’s soap. I must say the shaves have been special. No irritation what so ever. Alum confirmed! Love this razor! Waiting on a base refund for .95 sb and .68 scallop; then I am purchasing a dual comb .68 sb and oc plate, scalloped top cap and another crown handle… or will it be a spiral handle? Which handle is the only question at this point! Thank you for all the advise! Best razor in my stable right now.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have been using my Timeless Ti .68 OC for about a month now. Feather light touch, 7’oclock platinum blades, and alternating between Grooming Department Lavender and Stirling Margarita’s soap. I must say the shaves have been special. No irritation what so ever. Alum confirmed! Love this razor! Waiting on a base refund for .95 sb and .68 scallop; then I am purchasing a dual comb .68 sb and oc plate, scalloped top cap and another crown handle… or will it be a spiral handle? Which handle is the only question at this point! Thank you for all the advise! Best razor in my stable right now.
That's funny... I was sitting here, thinking about which razor I'd choose later this afternoon. Do I try the ATT Windsor SSRH again to see if I can get it to work a bit better than last shave... or use my Timeless Ti 0.68OC with the Ti Crown handle... and I was leaning toward the Timeless.

Your post tipped the balance point. I'll use the Timeless this afternoon. Thanks.

That's funny... I was sitting here, thinking about which razor I'd choose later this afternoon. Do I try the ATT Windsor SSRH again to see if I can get it to work a bit better than last shave... or use my Timeless Ti 0.68OC with the Ti Crown handle... and I was leaning toward the Timeless.

Your post tipped the balance point. I'll use the Timeless this afternoon. Thanks.
Glad I could help!! :)

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Glad I could help!! :)
I just finished that promised Ti 0.68OC.... This razor is a joy to use. It's certainly up to the level of my other top razors. It can take me into that Zen shaving place quickly. It has a nice auditory feedback, feels smooth and comfortable on my face, yet gives me that close shave that makes me smile.

I've been looking at these Timeless recently. I'm quite interested in one but as yet undecided. I'd been looking at Tatara razors also. So I'll likely either go for one of those or a Timeless.

If buying here from UK there's a store Slickboys that stock them. You can get bronze, stainless steel or titanium.. they had matte versions of the stainless and titanium but those are sold out so at present they just have the polished ones now.

Is there any pros or cons with each of these or is it mostly down to personal preference? Bronze is least expensive at £185, then SS at £275 then Titanium at £325. I've no experience with bronze or titanium razors.. although the lower price of the bronze is appealing I'd probably be inclined to opt for stainless but if Titanium is better and only £50 more..

From what I gather, all on that site are the 0.95 mm gap and scalloped top and base plate.. I saw the US site where you could select your own options but I'm guessing for the pre-made ones for Slickboys store they opted for the most common, all rounder options. This would probably have been my choices anyways.. I may have went with the 0.68mm though as I tend to like a less aggressive razor.

There's also a much more inexpensive one made from aluminium. I think it may be different however.

Many thanks in advance. 🙂

Top Bottom